Four

"TRY DRAWING A NAKED PERSON. TRY DRAWING NOELLE NAKED."

Underneath the lights the stars provided, Tyler was nothing similar to how I pictured him in my head

Underneath the lights the stars provided, Tyler was nothing similar to how I pictured him in my head. His lips shone brightly as he licked them, turning to face me.

"When are you gonna stop staring at me?"

I blushed and looked at the moon but he grabbed my face and carefully had me look at him. Not roughly, moreso asking for my permission. I stared in anticipation as he came closer and rested his head against my chest, looking up at me. His hand moved, sliding down my chest and around my waist, fingertips burning me only slightly. He yawned, cuddling closer to me and nudging my jaw with his nose.

"Josh, " he breathed, and goosebumps littered my skin. "Sorry, this is all just really surreal. Who would have thought? And you thought my name was Joseph."

I let out a small laugh, skimming my nails on the skin beneath his shirt. The music from the party was very loud and could be heard from our spot on his roof. His noise of discomfort was brought to my attention and I looked down at him when he looked up. Gosh, he was adorable. Our noses brushed and he pouted, pointing to the large tree covering our view of the sunset. It was covered with some parts of moss on the ground, and the sun rising was parted from our view as it arose with a kiss goodbye to the moon being swallowed by the ground.

"We're gonna miss it." He whispered. I tilted his chin towards me and smiled, and even then my heart squeezed dramatically. On Monday he wouldn't even know my name. With the thoughts in my mind of our late night conversations and his stupid pick up lines when I was crying at three a.m, I leaned in and kissed him. He melted against me, moving his hand to the hem of my shirt to pull me closer as we simultaneously deepened it.

I thought: I'm kissing Tyler
I thought: Joseph ended up being Tyler
I thought: his lips are so soft

He whined quietly, butterflies filling my stomach in an instant as his hand curled around my neck and mine slithered themselves around his waist to pull him closer. He breathed heavily against my mouth, tilting his head to the side, tongue brushing mine, sweet and booze-free, yet it intoxicated me and made me crave more. I pulled away, gauging his reaction carefully. He opened his eyes, staring into my own. It was quiet, and you could hear a pin drop even though our breaths mingled between us.

"Josh? Get down here, its nearly six in the morning. Mom's going to kill us."

Tyler smiled at me, lips slightly red and eyes watering slightly. And I wish I could have stayed and made him feel better but Jordan was shouting at me to throw him the car keys and I didn't know what to do but lean over and kiss him again, relishing in the feeling of his lips on mine, before I jumped from the roof (which wasn't far from the ground at all), heart beating loudly in my chest. Jordan was gaping at me, and with one last glance at Tyler who was wiping his cheeks and sniffling on the roof as he dug his chin into his knees, the two of us got into the car and drove away. Questions were drilled into me the minute the keys went into the ignition, not allowing me a moment to breathe properly.