My feet collides with the wooden steps as I run upstairs, passing Jordan on his way into the bathroom. He turns.

"Do you plan to shower?"

I nod. Words are useless to him.

"Wait until I'm done, I'll be a while. Pick out an outfit. Wake mom up before we head out."

I nod again. He goes and shuts the door, the sound echoing behind him. I walk into my room, heading straight towards the closet. Black. I wasn't particularly colorful when it came to outdoor activities. I grabbed a short sleeved shirt, tossing it onto my bed along with black pants. I decided to wear my boots and sat on my bed, taking a deep breath. Inhale. Words of wisdom. Exhale. Jeers of hatred. The pipes in the wall shook as Jordan turned the faucet on. I reached for my phone and decided to contact Tyler.

YOU: [2:00pm] hi.

TYLER: [2:05pm] sorry, I was riding my bike.

YOU: [2:07pm] strange, I just saw a kid from my school on a bike.

TYLER: [2:10pm] it was definitley me. Kidding, what's up, babe?

YOU: [2:12pm] getting ready for a party. You?

TYLER: [2:15pm] no way! Me, too! Jordan Dun's girlfriend is hosting a party and everyone's going, so I kind of have to.

YOU: [2:17pm] that's insane, dude, I'm going to that party, too! Jordan's my brother!

TYLER: [2:20pm] maybe I'll see you there.

YOU: [2:30pm] maybe.

TYLER: [2:31pm] if I do get the pleasure of your presence, would you dance with me?

YOU: [2:32pm] deal.

A knock sounded at my door followed by a yell of me to hurry up and shower. With a small smile I abandoned my phone and walked into the bathroom, stripping myself of my articles of clothing. They each fell to the floor with a clump, my feet cold against the tile as I padded my way to the bath. I turned the faucet on, hearing a knock on the door.

"Occupied." I said, raising my hands high enough to hook my towel. The door opened.

"Mom!" I screamed, pulling the shower curtain to cover my manhood. She jumped, eyes widening in surprise.

"J-Josh, you're never home this early, I thought you were out--"

"I'm taking Jordan to the party!" I blushed, realizing this is the first time she has seen me naked since I was eight. She nodded frantically, pulling the door shut behind her. I breathed out a sigh of relief, getting into the shower.

"Sorry, Joshua!" She called from the other side of the door. I leaned against the wall, the shower being built for someone five-foot-nothing. As the droplets slid down my face I exhaled, trying to get my hair wet.

"It's fine, Mom."

I heard her footsteps leave the corridor and grabbed the shampoo, squeezing a generous amount before slathering my wet hair with it. I wonder what Tyler would look like. What if his eyes were a gorgeous blue like the sky? What if they were gray, or green? Did he have braces? Did he need braces? As the suds fell from my hair I tried to picture him in my head. Nice smile, cute laugh, small nose, maybe he had sandy blonde hair and wore a seashell necklace around his throat. I conditioned my hair, humming a tune to myself quietly. Whatever he looked like, I'm sure he'd be beautiful. He was already so accepting of me and understanding of whatever I said. When we had narrowed our existence down to being quite near to eachother, our meeting up was inevitable, but somehow--underneath the waves of pain I felt--I was nervous. I lathered myself with Suave For Men, the scent filling the entire bathroom in an instant. A hard knock at the door. Jordan.