Chapter Seven

Natasha's POV:

"Steve, you can't do this alone. At least let Natasha and myself accompany you!" Sharon protests. I can't believe that Steve is actually thinking about going alone.

"I agree. I think that this is going to drive you out of your mind if you do this alone." I agree.

"I thank you two for your concerns, but I can handle myself." Steve is getting bored really fast, I can tell. "If I do need help, I shall call you both." Did he think we were apart of his 1940s flight?

"Steve! We aren't some soldiers in one of your flights. We are your friends who... Who don't want to see you hurt. We're just trying to look out for you," I say rather annoyed. I lean back on my left foot and cross my arms.

"I've let others take the fall one too many times, Natasha. Bucky spent his life trying to protect me--"

I cut him off. "And this is how you repay him? By going headfirst into a potential threat? We don't even know if this is a real thing!" Steve crosses his arms across his chest.

"I'm repaying Bucky by doing the right thing. I know that this is a real threat. This isn't just between me and the government. It's between me and the HYDRA agents inside our government."

"You say that every time. Everything you do is monitored by HYDRA. Can't you just accept that HYDRA is over. It's destroyed!"

"HYDRA will never be destroyed. Too many people are involved with the operation. They can't just pull the plug once the main players are eliminated." Steve gets a far off look in his eye. Rather dramatic for him. "They plan at least who steps ahead of the current move. No, someone else is in charge."

"You're going mental," I say blatantly. "Now, Steve, it's 3 A.M. You and Sharon should go to bed." I just wanted an excuse to end the conversation.

Steve and Sharon nod in reply. Sharon heads to the door and lets herself out. Steve grunts and lies down on the couch. I didn't have anything else left to say to him, so I went to my room. I closed the door behind me.

____
Steve's POV:
I couldn't believe Natasha. How could she want me to sit this one out? This is my life they were trying to take. More importantly, they were controlled by HYDRA. But Natasha seemed so convinced that they weren't apart of this.

All my thoughts rambled on in my brain. It kept me up all night. I have to do something. That one sentence kept on replaying over and over again in my mind.

At five, I decide to go. I know that Nat will probably hate me, but I have to try and end HYDRA without her getting hurt. Truth is, the only reason why I fought her on this was because I didn't want to see her get hurt. If she was injured because of my choices, I would never forgive myself.

I pull my brown leather jacket on over my dark blue shirt and open the front door. I took one last look at Nat's apartment. I saw the letter I left on the table. Sighing, I let myself out and head to the car.

____
Natasha's POV:
I spent the next hour thinking about Steve. Why couldn't I tell him that I cared? It's such a small word that I'm pretty sure he'd miss it anyways. Even if Steve did leave, where'd he go? It's not like he can go to Sam's or straight to the government.

These thoughts were the only reason why I fall asleep that night.

It's seven-thirty by the time I wake up. I didn't hear Steve, but I'm pretty sure he's on his morning run.

I stand up and get dressed in a red loose blouse and black skinny jeans. I don't bother with shoes since I don't plan on leaving.

I walk into my kitchen and make myself a cup of black coffee. When the brew is finished, I take my cup and sit at the table. That's when I notice an envelope with my name scrawled on it. When I open the letter, I immediately know who wrote it. Steve.

____
Sharon's POV:
It's eight o'clock when Natasha gives me a call.

"Hey, Nat," I say.

"Sharon, I'm going to need you to come over right now. It's about Steve." She sounded panicky.

"Yeah, of course. Are you alright? You sound upset about something."

"Never mind me. Just get over here quickly!" The line ended. Strange. She doesn't usually hang up that fast.

I dress myself in a white blouse and dark jeans. I zip up my favorite pair of brown boots and grab my coat. I walk to my car and race over to Nat's apartment.

A/n: Hey guys, I'm sorry for the super slow updates! I just get writers block easily. I hate it, and you guys probably hate me as well. I'm so sorry. I'll try to update sooner. School's starting for me on Wednesday. It's horrible.

This part was written at 2 A.M. by me😁

Love,
Emily Lee