Chapter Five

Natasha's POV:

As I drove home alone, I turned the radio on. The radio played "What I Need to Do" by Kenny Chesney. The song actually reminded me of my situation. I wanted to go to Steve's apartment, but he'd never look at me the same way. Even though I helped him, he'd never forgive me. And I don't blame him. I chose Tony over him. Do I regret my decision? Yes. Would I go back and change it all? Yes. Can I? No.

I shook my head at my thoughts. "What are you saying, Natasha? He doesn't love you. You, of all people, don't deserve his love or anyone else's," I reminded myself.

As I pulled into my usual parking spot, I kept the car running. The radio was playing "Keep It to Yourself" by Kacey Musgraves. "What is this? Sad-Singles Night? Well, that song isn't actually about being sad. But that's not the point.

I turned the car off and opened the door. After closing it and locking it, I heard a mirror-shattering scream. I shook my head thinking, It's nothing, Natasha. Just keep moving. It wasn't an uncommon thing in her neighborhood. Murders seemed to happen left and right though I never got involved. Most people would think that I'm the most heartless person that walked on the planet, but I couldn't help but think that someone was way worse than me.

I heard the lock on the door click which told me that it was now open. I rushed inside and close the door. I hated being out longer than I had to. I flicked on the lights of my apartment to see a face that I haven't seen in two years.

Tony Stark.
____
Steve's POV:

I wasn't expecting to arrive at Sharon's apartment so quickly. It seemed like we had just gotten in the car, but after I looked at the clock, I noticed an hour had gone by.

I heard Sharon pull out her keys from her jacket's pocket. I heard the lock click open and the door open with a creak. I smile inwardly, thinking about how much I hated that door.

"Steve," Sharon said nervously, "I, um, I hope you don't mind sleeping on the couch. I wasn't expecting you to be over the first night. I thought Nat would--"

"It's fine. I don't mind at all." I gave her an honest smile which caused her to relax a bit.

When she left for her closet, I'm assuming, I took the time to look around. I was standing in her living room. There were windows on two walls. One window was decorated with shelves. On the shelves were all her little knick knacks, like snow globes, tiny potted plants, and other various items. In front of me, was the couch. It looked soft enough. A table sat a few feet forward from the couch. The table was decorated with a mess of magazines. To the right of the door is where the T.V. sat. It seemed cozy.

"Here. I got you a blanket, a pillow, and some clothes to change into." I gave her a questioning look, to which she replied, "My ex's. I never got around to cleaning out the closet." I nod my head in understanding.

"Goodnight, Sharon. And thank you for doing this," I say sincerely.

She nods her head and says, "Yeah. Of course." Clearly, she was nervous, but I didn't know why, and I didn't want to press.

When she left to her room, I changed quickly. The clothes she gave me were a loose shirt and baggy sweat pants. It wasn't too bad. I sat on the couch thinking about Natasha. I didn't know how I felt exactly, but I knew it was something real. I drifted off thinking about her. I didn't even realized that I had fallen asleep.
____
Tony's POV:

Natasha's apartment was trashed. She had me pinned to the ground with a knife over my heart. Now you've done it, Stark. She's certainly going to kill you. But she didn't kill me. Pure anger was etched across her face. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but if I knew, I wouldn't have done it. Natasha is second on my "do not piss off" list.

"Why are you here?" she practically screamed at me.

"Didn't you miss me? I mean come on, Natasha, we've got chemistry." I gave her my playboy smile.

She looked at me with disgust and slapped the side of my face. "You are the most disgusting swine that's ever stepped foot on this earth. And if you ever think that I will not kill you, then you're wrong." Anger was dripping from her voice. Maybe I deserve that, but a swine?

"Tasha, come on. You'd never kill me. Not when I know, you know that I know something about Golden Boy." That seemed to weaken her a bit. She stared at me with hard eyes.

"If this is a joke, Stark, I will cut your throat." And with that, she stood up.

I sat up and pushed myself off the ground. "Oh no, my dear spider, this is no joke. Stevie, here, is being betrayed by the government."

"What do you mean "betrayed"?"

"Well, why do you think they're keeping him alive? He's done nothing good in their eyes. So why not make Captain America's death a "tragic accident?"

"And how do I know I can trust you?"

"You don't."
____
A/n:
Hey, I hate writing schedules, so I'm not doing it. No, I didn't forget about this book. I also want to thank you guys for voting, commenting, and adding this to your reading lists!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
- Emily Lee💕