Trace

This chapter is dedicated to @Zombieroselover hope you enjoy the chapter :D!

Also, lol, if the picture seems random I promise it will make sense XD

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pennelope's POV

Everything seemed fuzzy and slow. I gave a shaky breath and clutched closer to Vincent as he wrapped his arms around my waist, the two of us looking around in alarm as well as everyone else.

Silence spread outward in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed. Then I saw her appear right in front of me, Vincent couldn't see her since his back was facing her, but I gave an angry gasp.

"YOU!" I yelled angrily over the chaos, pointing at her.

Bellatrix cackled as panic broke out around the tent, the crowd pushed and kicked, making me lose Vincent as everyone ran around screaming as people began to appear.

The panicked crowd knocked into me, making me fall to the ground on my knees, my hair falling onto my face, but it didn't block my vision from a pair of black shoes, my eyes followed the trace of the female body only to stop at Bellatrix's grinning face.

"So helpless," she drawled, stalking forward as I scrambled back. "What happened to that oh so tough, Pennelope Jone...?"

"It's Black," I spat, glaring at her.

"AWWW, took the name of your dear dead uncle? It was a pleasure to be the one to murder him..."

Tears welled up in my eyes as a deeper level of rage settled in for the witch in front of me.

"Don't speak of him like that," I growled under my breath.

"Are you going to cry?" She laughed. "Weak.... Lonely, Pennelope BLACK."

"Stop!"

I made move to grab for my wand, but she had already uttered the words, "Avada Kedavra!"

It happened so fast, my life flashed before my eyes, but my life strangely looked like a male body. I realised it before it was too late as Vincent landed at my feet, his eyes unfocused and his body as stiff as a board.

"No!" I cried, falling back onto my knees as the crowd separated me from Bella. I gripped his shoulder and shook him furiously, calling his name over and over as tears fell from my eyes.

But he was unresponsive, he just lay there. I felt arms lift me up and drag me away from Vincent's body, I screamed and kicked, trying to reach for him.

I felt like I was being sucked through a tube before I slipped from the person's hold and fell onto concrete.

"Where are we?" I hear Ron ask behind me.

My breath was heavy, a ringing piercing my ears and the same words running through my brain, "Vincent is dead. Vincent is dead."

"Tottenham Court Road," I hear Hermione pant, I felt someone lift me up and hold me into their arms, I couldn't move, I was frozen from shock. "Walk, just walk, we need to find somewhere for us to change."

"Put me down," I finally spoke, looking up to see Barny. What the actual crap is he doing with us? He set me down and I stormed ahead of my group, not wanting to talk to them or look at them.

Girls giggled as they passed us, probably because of the sight of Ron and Barny.

"Why didn't I make sure I had the invisibility cloak with me?" Barny said, his voice slowly turning into Harry's, and with a sickening feeling I realised Harry was Barny the whole fucking time. "All last year I've kept it one me and -"