Taboo

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

I fell, panting into the grass and tightening the grip I had on Pennelope's hand before scrambling to my feet in a rush. As I turned, peering around us, we seemed to have landed on a field densely packed with high rising trees: Hermione was running in circles around us, waving her wand.

Pennelope dropped her hand from my hold, gaining my attention. She smiled softly as she looked at me from where she stood, not yet appearing entirely comfortable with the affection we've been showing each other. "All right there?" She asked, heaving a sigh.

"Just making sure you're all okay," I breathed, returning her smile.

"That treacherous old bleeder," Ron insulted over Hermione's muttering, pacing angrily before wadding the invisibility cloak into a tight ball and throwing it at my head. "Pennelope, you're a genius, a total genius, I can't believe we got out of that!" Ron ran forward and pulled Pennelope from my side, lifting her into the air and squeezing her tightly. I shifted from where I stood, avoiding the sight of the two of them. I know they had no feelings for one another, but the jealousy that washed over me was purely based on the fact that I wished I were Ron in that moment.

Ron gently placed Pennelope back on the ground, who had erupted into a fit of giggles and smiles. The two of us watched Ron with a twinkle in our eye as his gaze fell on Hermione. Ron surged forward and hugging her from behind, catching her off guard, and to our surprise, she laughed.

"I told him it was an Erumpent horn, didn't I tell him?" Pennelope complained hotly, her hands on her hips but a trace of amusement still remained evident in her tone.. "Now look at him, his house is blown apart!"

"Serves him right," Ron agreed, inspecting his torn jeans and the cuts on his legs. "What do you reckon they'll do to him?"

"I hope they don't kill him," Hermione sighed, her wand lowering before facing us with a sad expression.

"That's why I wanted them to get a glimpse of Harry and I before we left, so they knew Xenophilius wasn't lying," Pennelope reassured.

"Why hide us though?" Ron asked, falling onto the ground below him. Pennelope lowered herself beside him, pulling her knees to her chest.

"You're supposed to be in bed with spattergroit," Pennelope stated, pointing at Ron. "If they kidnapped Luna because her father supported Harry . . . What would happen to your family if they knew you are with him?"

"But what about you and Hermione?"

"Our parents are in Australia," Pennelope simply stated, her tone dripping and her gaze falling. Her answer was guarded and I knew immediately that her statement was more loaded than what she was letting on. She caught Hermione's eye before returning to stare at the dying ground below her feet. "They are safe, they don't know anything. I hid Hermione because they didn't need to know she was with us and I'm almost as wanted as Harry. They needed to see me."