CHAPTER ONE

The sun was beating down onto Connie's back, and the nearby trees supplied inadequate shade to her as she sat down on the luscious green grass beneath her.
After realising she was bored, Connie had decided to go there to avoid family interaction. Plus, her nans' pub was open at this point, so it was a mixture of drunks and relatives, both of which she despised.
She soon saw a patch of clovers ahead of her, and had nothing else to do, so after slowly getting up because of her bad back and left hip, she proceeded to go over.
"There's nothing here.." Connie, now on a downer, wondered aloud.
However, as if out of nowhere, one shone bright in the afternoon sun. Like a reel to unlimited Winnie the Pooh episodes, it drew Connie in closer without letting her even make a decision.
She broke the stem of the clover and began to twiddle it between her fingers, and as she did so she received a Snapchat from Harry, her friend. 
"where are you?" Was written on her screen, a reply to Connie's cry of boredom.
So she explained the whole situation; how she had been at a family gathering and was going to play Pokemon Go, except it wasn't working, so she downloaded Snapchat on her dad's phone instead and now she was talking to him.
"Bet I could provide better entertainment ;)" was Harry's response.
" Whatever Trevor" Connie typed.
" Hmm, yes." And then "shall I come? you know you want a hug. Plus, you need protecting from any bald fifty year old men impersonating Trevor."
"I don't even know where I am." Connie replied.
"Don't worry, I'm sure I'll find a way, just give me your nan's address."
Connie contemplated the option, but for the time being rejected his offer.
"No I'll be okay." She typed.
Then she returned to attempting to beat her high score on Subway Surfers,  feeling a little sad and guilty for saying no to Harry.

It was twenty minutes later; Connie had given up on the game, and was seriously considering taking Harry up on the offer of some company.
So that's exactly what she did.

It was over an hour's walk to Connie's nan's pub, but the fact that they were going to see each other seemed to speed the time up for both of them. That,  plus the fact that Connie found another four leaf clover
whilst he was coming, which, as it is deemed lucky, could also have sped up the process. 
Before she knew it, Connie was directing Harry through the first field into hers.
"So, Trevor hasn't come to bother you yet?" Harry asked Connie.
"Nope." She replied plainly.
And then he went on to say how he may not as well have not come, but it was only after Connie had assured him that that was an unnecessary comment did he proceed to say "Jk!". Even if Connie didn't find his reply to have a single drop of hilarity added to it, she still managed to stifle it within a giggle.
And so they sat. And talked.
Continuously. And they watched as the sky turned from shades of burnt amber, fading into deep scarlet, bursts of rose and shades of lilac. It was like their very own fireworks display set up just for the two of them, brought to them by magical fairies. Their magical moment that they'd both remember forever.
Out of nowhere a shrill ring disturbed them. One that seemed to be coming from a phone. From beneath her backpack, Connie fished around.
"Oh," she paused for a moment. "It's my dad. I better answer this."
After a quick consultation with Roland, she stated the general consensus. "My dad says I gotta go because we're leaving in ten minutes."
"Okay, I'll walk back with you." Harry replied, just barely managing to cover his disheartened feelings.
When they reached the end of the field, Connie asked, with enough force to make him, without a choice, do what she wanted "Can I have a hug?" .
And that's what he did.
For ages it felt like Connie was wrapped in a big overprotective blanket, although it wasn't a particularly strong hold.
"I would invite you to come back with us in my dad's car, but goodness knows how he'd react. " Connie said sorrily.
"No it's okay. I quite enjoyed the walk here. Plus, my mum will be glad I'm doing exercise." He replied.
"Are you sure? Will you be okay?" Connie asked.
"I'll be fine Mum. I'm not going to be attacked by Trevor."
"Oh okay. If you're sure..." Sometimes you'd think Connie was an experienced mum herself, the amount of times she'd looked out for her friends in that way.
He nodded.
And she watched silently as Harry placed an earphone in his left ear, and began to wander into the sunset, his head bopping slightly to his music.