I Wish: chapter one

Beep beep beep beep...

That was the sound of my alarm clock to the best day of my life. Today was my last day of summer, same for my best friend. Today were headed to college. I can't wait to see if we got the same dorm or any classes together. I got out of bed and went to my bathroom connected to my room and turned on shower. While I was letting the water warm I started to brush my teeth. When I finished I hopped in the shower the hot water felt so good on my soft skin. Before I got to consumed into the water I lathered my body with soap and shaved my legs and let the wear hit my body before I wash my hair. I grabbed the shampoo and lathered some into my hair washed it out and repeated with conditioner. I got out of the shower and and plugged up my flat iron and went to my closet. I could barely find clothes to wear since they were all already packed up, but I put on some shorts a crop top and my Jordan's. When I finished straitening my long black hair I made my way down stairs towards the kitchen.

"Good morning Leah, I made you breakfast!" My cheery mother dinged at me.

"Morning mom." I replied before taking my plate to the table.

"So are you ready to taste your life as a college student?" My mom asks.

"Of course I am mom, by the way Kayla will be over with some of her bags and stuff because she wants to ride with us to the air port."

"Okay! I can't wait to send you girls off to California State University!! How does Kayla's mom feel about her going with us though?"

"Mom, first of all just call it CSU, and second of all you know she doesn't mind she loves me.. Well us."

"Okay. And only if your dad could see how far you made it now."

I didn't like that she brought him up like that but that's true he has put me through a lot, from telling me to live on the streets, that I'll make nothing out of myself because I live in the hood.. But look at me now.. Mom has me in Miami on my way to California. About to go to college. If he would have stayed around he could have seen that I'm the one to prove him wrong. But I don't care anymore I completely push him aside in my brain.. Until mom brings him up.

"Yeah mom.. I agree but if he wanted to leave us to be on our own then we shouldn't care what he thinks right?" I ask, more infer.

"Yes honey.. That's exactly right." She says while kissing my cheek.

I feel my phone vibrate I have a text massage, it's from Kayla, she's telling me she's out side. When I go out my front door her car is right there. Her green jeep is filled with almost all of her belongings and my hummer has just as much.

"Hey Kayla!" I yell as she's getting out of her car.

"Heyyyy leahhhhhh!!" She yells back at me.

"Okay so our moms are gonna send our last bit of stuff to us when we get settled in Cali, your mom told you right?"

"Yeah she told me. I just can't wait till we get on our flight. Come on I need to see your mom."

As we walk in the house we hear my mom talking to someone, it sounds like a guy I wonder who.. Who ever it is I hope he makes her happy. When she hangs up we walk in.

"Hey Miss Moore!!" Kayla says to my mom.

"Hey Kayla!!!! It's great to see your back home again. Hahah."

"Yeah, just can't wait to get out of Miami!!"

I cut their small talk before we miss our flight.

"GUYS!! It takes an hour to get to the airport of Miami and you guys are making small talk?.. Come on before we miss our flight. Mom I'm parked behind you so I'll back out so you can get out of the garage."

Kayla and I run through the front door to our cars to pull off to the air port. I'm in the front since I have the GPS. And I'm blasting my music. I bob my head back and forth to Nikki Minaj super bass. Florida music stations always play the good music. We pull into the airport parking lot and head inside. Kayla and I go to the desk lady to verify our tickets and she tells us the way to our plane, before we get on my mom stops us for pictures like I knew she would.. And then that's when the water works came.

"Mom.... You told me you weren't gonna cry.."

"I.. I.. I know but.. But.. You guys grew up so.. So fast and I'm not ready.." She says through sobs..

I hug her tight and kiss her on the cheek before we leave. I told her I'd text her when made to the air port In LA she said I better. Me and Kayla get on our plane and we are ready for take off. But then.. Kayla remembers she left her phone in her car. and she runs off the plane to get and it took her a whole five minutes to get back and in the right amount of time she makes it back to her seat. At that past moment I was scared.. Because I knew I wouldn't know what to do with out her.