“Y-you can k-keep me here,” I said acting as if there's something I can bargain with when I'm already close to dying. “B-but let him ou-t. Some-one need-s him,” I added barely holding on to my consciousness.

I can die here for all I care, but Cyan needs to get out and protect Adria.

The kid suddenly bursted into laughter. It was so loud, it echoed. “Amusing.” He kept laughing for a reason I don't have the leisure of time to figure out. “A soul without memories, yet as selfless as it were before death, for the same girl.” Just a snap of his fingers and Cyan ended appearing right in front of us, standing motionless and staring straight at nothing. 

Without really knowing what the child is aiming to do, I lifted an arm and reached for Cyan. Upon touching him, same as how air came flowing back into my lungs, fluctuations of glimmering orbs began to engulf me. I felt my body being fused with another. Things that I never realized missing from my being started coming back all at the same time. 

“We shall meet again, Forbidden magic,” I addressed the child without a face.

The silhouette grinned, slowly vanishing until only the line of his curved mouth remained in darkness that then too disappeared followed by my eyes closing on their own.

Adria

Even though my hands were already beaten and blistered from forcing the knob to unlock, I didn't have the slightest intention to stop. Kailangang mailabas ko si Khaos mula sa loob.

“Hindi  ka pa ba napapagod, Adria? You've been at it for hours.”

Saglit akong napalingon kay Klaude na kasalukuyang nakaupo sa kama ni Khaos at nagsasalin ng alak sa isang baso.

“Nakakasuka ka," dagdag ni Chartreuse na prente namang nakahiga malapit kay Klaude. “Looking at your determined face, knowing what you're doing is pointless, makes me wanna puke.” Bahagya niya pang ini-angat ang ulo para sulyapan ako. 

Kanina pa walang ginagawa ang dalawa kundi ang panoorin ako. They're mocking me.

I'm fully aware that the door will only open for the being who summoned the personification of forbidden magic. The one who requested the test, and soon-to-be master of the abomination that'll come out from the door. But, I can't just do nothing even if it's futile to try.

"Hope that stupid test ends already," anas ni Gerardine na nakatayo na't sinisipat ang sarili sa halos basag nang full-length mirror dulot ng ginawa niyang mga pag-atake sa 'kin kanina. "I'm getting bored." Iyon lang at bigla na lang nagbago ang anyo niya. “And tired looking like a pathetic vassal,” she said, now facing my direction.

It was the first time I saw Chartreuse for what she really is. A succubus with long claws, sharp fangs and a body designed for sin. Destructive yet beautiful. She reeks of malevolence, a distinguished trait from beings of darkness.

Napalingon ako kay Klaude na nasa harap na rin pala ng bitak-bitak na salamin. “Haven't seen this face in ages, right Adria?” baling nito sa 'kin.

Same as Chartreuse, he decided to ditch his facade and show his true appearance which didn't change from when I last saw him. It was the same face that I once thought I could trust.

A sound of a door opening halted the conversation. Kusang bumukas ang pintong kanina ko pa pinipilit buksan.

“Waiting's over. Scoot away.” Chartreuse suddenly lashed her shadow whips that made me jump away from the door.