To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {17}

Start from the beginning

    Which was great because they finally have feelings for eachother. After 7years, they finally have feelings for eachother.

    But it's a sad thing that Kerri already has a boyfriend, Jesse.

    We were all sitting down in the lounge chairs in the basement, staring at a blank TV screen.

    "So...who else is bored besides me?" Carter asks us, flatly.

    "I am." I replied.

    "How about we play 'Never have I ever'?" Kerri suggests with a smile.

    "Nice, I like tha---"

    "But we can't drink." I said, cutting off Carter.

    "We don't have to have alcohol for this. How about just root beer? It's close enough, right?" Kerri says.

    I looked at Carter and he nodds, "I think there's root beer in the fridge."

    He gets up from his seat and walks over to the fridge behind him. He opens the fridge and takes out a two liter bottle of root beer. He closes the fridge and then grabs three cups from the cabinet.

    He walks back over and hands a cup to me and then Kerri.

    I looked over at Kerri as Carter poured generous amounts of root beer in each of our cups.

    Kerri was smiling.

    Not a usual smile she would do to flirt with boys at school or the welcoming smile that she gives to people when she first meets them.

    It was...a very suspicious smile.

    Who knows what she's thinking of right now.

    "Okay, who wants to start?" Carter asks us.

    "I will!" Kerri chirped, "Never have I ever...shoplifted."

    We all looked at eachother, waiting until someone takes a sip of their drink.

    Then, Carter lifts his cup up to his lips and takes a sip.

    "Carter, since when did you shoplift?" I asked him, in shock.

    "I stole a pack of gum in 8th grade and a bottle of Coke in Freshman year." he replied, bravely.

    "Carter..."

    "It's true. Did you think I've never shoplifted before, Ari?"

    I looked down at my drink, "Yes."

    "It's your turn, Carter!" Kerri said, brightly, "We're going counter clockwise."

    Carter sighs, "Never have I ever...cried during a movie."

    Kerri and I both took a sip of the root beer and then looked back at Carter who just sat there.

    "That's a lie!" Kerri shouted.

    "Carter, I'm sure you cried at least once during a movie. Remember when we first watched the Titanic?" I told him.

    "That movie was sad as fuck but I didn't cry." Carter admitted.

    "Liar." Kerri muttered out.

    "I'm telling the truth. I'm a very honest person, Kara."

    "It's Kerri."

    "Close enough."

    "Alright, is it my turn now?" I asked before they start arguing.

    Kerri and Derek are good friends but argue over the smallest things.