Step -7.3: Future Plans

Lilly got to Swoozie's barbecue party, she greeted everyone and started hanging with Lauren and Alex. Yousef came after Lilly reached.

"Hey guys" he greeted everyone and Lilly.

They both weren't talking but they did exchange a look from time to time. Lilly was sitting in the corner when Yousef approached her and said 

"I know I missed your call last night, I didn't mean to. I am sorry"

"Its OK, what are you doing here? I thought you didn't want to meet people, I thought you wanted some time" Lilly said.

"I am back" he said.

"What does I am back mean?" Lilly asked.

"Well it means that I am figuring stuff out, I amfiguring things out" he said.

"I am also figuring issues out" Lilly replied.

"Ahan... Its good to see you" Yousef said.

"Its good to see you too" Lilly said as she smiled.

"I want you to come with me somewhere tomorrow" Yousef said.

"Where do you want me to go?" Lilly asked.

"It is a surprise" Yousef answered.

They enjoyed the night and got back to their places. In the morning, Yousef came to pick Lilly up from her apartment. He took her to the exact same place that he was in some nights ago. He had her blindfolded.

"What is it? Are you trying to prank me again?" Lilly asked.

Yousef said nothing but laughed. 

"Is this a prank? Cause if it is I am going to spank you real hard" Lilly said.

"Just a little further" Yousef said.

"Breathe that air in" he continued as he took off her blindfold. She looked around and it was the same house beside the lake that Yousef had seen some nights ago.

"Voila" Yousef said as he pointed out the house to her with his hand.

"Yousef.. What is this?" she asked.

"It is a house, that I am going to get built, we both knew things had to change, I couldn't decide what to do, we were growing apart each day and I had to decide something, we had to decide something" he said.

"So you're going to buy us a house?" Lilly asked.

"Yes and when I am done, we can move in together.... Its a start, it is one of my future plans for you" Yousef said. He smiled and looked at her, and knew she wasn't much happier with the idea, so he looked at her waiting for her to say something.

"I am.... Glad you decided to do something for us, I really am, but I have needs too. I have been so independent throughout my whole life, and things didn't end well with my past relationships, then YOU came into my life. But this is a whole new decision for me" Lilly said.

"I... I understand" Yousef said.

"And you buying the house all on your own isn't what I want, I am capable enough to buy one from my own assets" Lilly continued.

"Of course you can Lilly" Yousef said this when he knew things weren't going well.

"It is going to be a huge decision for me Yousef, after what we've gone through. After what I've gone through.. In this relationship" Lilly said.

"I.... I understand, I completely do, you take your time. Nothing has changed between us OK? I am fine with this. OK? I'll drop you to your place, come" a heartbroken Yousef said.

"No, I want to be alone here for sometime" Lilly said.

"I can't leave you alone.. Not here at least" Yousef said.

"I'll be fine Yousef, I am a grown up" Lilly said.

"OK, take care Lilly" Yousef said, he drove off to his place, knowing he had screwed things up for himself, knowing that his addiction and his ability to not open up to people has cost him another relationship, this time, a relationship he valued more than anything else. It felt so real to him, so natural, and so pure, it was the first time he had ever thought of any girl to get his parents to meet, it was the first time he thought of any girl he wanted to live with.. A girl he wanted to spend his rest of the life with. 

Lilly was a strong-headed woman, she never took shit from anyone, from any guy, she was patient with Yousef for such a long time, until she finally broke down. She knew it wasn't easy but she never expected it to turn so wrong.