Taken (Pt3)

Pairing: Slight Stony
Warnings: A little sad
Word Count: 405 words

AN: I finally wrote something! Here's Steve's POV in the Taken AU. Also, I've reached 500 votes and 14.5k reads! It's crazy guys - thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't do this right now. I'm sorry." Tony muttered before turning and walking away. He made his way to the top of the tower and flew off in a flash of red and yellow.

Steve was left standing in the same spot in front of the floor length window, hand frozen still in the air where it had cupped Tony's face. In an instant, he clenched his hand into a fist and fought back a wave of anger.

Why was he always doing such stupid things?

Now he'd ruined everything he had built with the other man. All that trust - gone.

He shouldn't have approached Tony.

He shouldn't have opened his mouth.

He shouldn't have said anything.

And now he was gone.

Tony was gone and they didn't know where he was, or if he was okay. They didn't even know if Tony was still alive.

Steve sighed as he turned on his side and stared out the open window. The night air was warm against his skin and the sky was clear of clouds.

On beautiful nights like this, he'd wander out to the roof with his sketchbook and run his pencil lazily over the blank pages. Eventually, they'd turn into something clearer, but in those moments he wouldn't worry about it. It was about the peace, the calmness he felt while he was there. In the early hours, before anyone stirred, Tony would walk out, hands full of steaming coffee perfectly made the way he liked it. They'd sit together in silence as they watched the sun rise, as people awoke and ran off, scurrying from place to place.

Steve screwed his eyes shut and curled in on himself, clutching the sheets in an iron grip. His eyes stung and his heart pounded relentlessly.

But now?

Now, the mere thought of sketching on the roof had his chest aching painfully. He never knew how much it had all meant to him before it was viciously taken away from him. He missed Tony and everything that came with him. The sarcasm, the jokes that no one laughed at, the brilliant ideas and the ridiculous way he showed he cared. He missed it all and he desperately wanted it back.

He wanted Tony back. He wanted that stupid man to know how much missed him - how much he loved him.

Please tell me this is a dream, because I'm really not fine at all.