Chapter 9

•Docter Eggman•

(DUN DUN DUNNN)

Doctor Eggman grinned wildly

Doctor Eggman grinned wildly. He had never felt this fulfilled in his entire life. "Nice to make your acquaintance, Mr. Knuckles." He smiled and shook the echidnas hand. "The pleasure is mine, Dr. Eggman. Now, would you like to continue this conversation in a more private setting?" Knuckles asked, gesturing to the many men around, all holding guns and weapons. "Yes, let's."

Knuckles lead Eggman to a well decorated room inside a fancy building. In the corner of the room was a white hedgehog, but Eggman ignored him. "This is my good friend, Silver." Knuckles smiled, pointing to a white hedgehog behind him. The white hedgehog was dressed in black jeans and a black jacket. He was leaning against a wall, sliding a knife along his hands. "He's the best spy and negotiator I've ever seen."

"What's his importance?" Eggman asked, looked Silver up and down. "I've got a plan, I think you'll agree with it." Knuckles smiled.

"Oh boy..." Eggman thought, sitting down, resting his head in his hands.

"So, here's my plan." Knuckles started. "We need to get his girlfriend, Amy, hold her captive and then capture him when he comes to get her. We'll have more men there and now that we know what we're up against, we'll be better prepared. First, Silver will sneak into their house and kidnap Amy. Then, we'll beat her up a little, and send Sonic a little warning. Finally, we'll trick him into getting trapped and then... we'll kill him!"

Eggman wasn't very impressed with this poor attempt of a plan. "Alright, I like the sound of that, except the part about capturing Amy and tricking Sonic." Eggman frowned at him.

"I want Sonic back in jail, you want him to understand loss. Here's what I think we should do. First, we'll spy on them and then get Amy. We can't kidnap her, she has to go with us willingly."

"How would we-"

Eggman shook his head and grinned. "I'll take care of getting that part done. You just worry about Sonic right now."

About two nights later, the wind was howling, the rain was pouring, it seemed pitch black, and Eggman was in a van outside Sonic's home. Eggman turned on his headphones, he could hear everything Silver said. "They're both asleep in bed. It would be too dangerous to try to wake up the girl."

"Then I guess you'll just have to be very careful." Eggman snapped at him. Silver quietly lifted open the glass window and slid into their bedroom. Silver tip-toed to Sonic's side of the bed, making sure he was calmly asleep.

"Sonic's asleep, but he's got Amy in his arms." Silver whispered back to Eggman. "Then figure something out! We don't have all night!" Eggman shouted. Silver rolled his eyes and looked around the room. Quietly, once again, he went to Amy's side of the bed. Just as he was reaching to gently tap her awake, the phone rang.