Chapter 7

•Amy•

Amy opened her eyes slowly, her body felt stiff and ached. She sat up, barely able to hold herself up. "What happened?" She squeezed her eyes shut and shivered, pulling blankets back around her shoulders. She moved her legs, only to feel a sharp pain burst through her right leg.

"Agh!" Amy screamed and gripped her thigh in pain. "What the Hell?!" She threw the blankets off and gasped when she saw her leg. A large white bandage was wrapped around her upper thigh. Blood seeped through, two blood spots were easily seen. Her eyes travelled the room to her nightstand. Laying on the nightstand was a small tray with some bloody tweezers. She leaned over and saw two bloody bullets in the tray.

"No... I-It was all real?" Amy covered her body back up and his her face in the blankets. Her eyes began to tear up, until the tears couldn't be held back. Her leg was throbbing, her body felt like she was in shock. She wished it was all a dream.

Then she got distracted when the door knob began to wiggle. The door opened and Tails walked in with red mark across his face. "Amy? You're awake!" He smiled at her and went to her bedside. "What happened to your face?" Amy asked him. Tails frowned and his ears dropped down. "Sonic's not the same right now." He explained to her.

"He's really stressed and angry... It's like he's going insane. Usually Sonic's in here, he rarely leaves your side." Tails told her, almost melancholy. "You really scared him, you know? Seeing him act the way he did scared me. It was horrible to watch."

"What exactly happened?" Amy asked. Tails gave her a grave look. "Well, Sonic came back with you in his arms, you both were coated in blood." Tails started.

"Sonic nearly bit my head off trying to get the bullets out of your leg. Each time the tweezers came in contact with you, you'd scream or moan. Eventually Sonic threw me out and did it himself." Tails' eyes drifted towards the bloody tweezers and bullets.

"H-He uhm... He disinfected your wounds and every four hours he'd change the bandage. The first four hours of waiting was rough on him." Tails sighed and shook his head. "I've never seen him cry like that. He screamed- 'you were right, you're always right', and just ramble on apologizing and making promises he'd do if you woke up."

Amy couldn't imagine Sonic like that. Sonic was strong and would never cry like that. Plus, she couldn't die from a shot in the thigh, right? "How much blood had I been loosing?" Amy though to herself.

"I'm going to get Sonic. I'll tell him you wanted to see him."

A few minutes later, Sonic came in, his fur still navy blue and eyes glowing white. He was expressionless. Sonic went over to Amy and gently touched her face before beginning to change her bandage in silence.

Amy reached up and touched Sonic. His cheek was ice cold. She retracted her hand. Amy could only stare as he carefully and delicately took off the bandage from her thigh. Sonic threw away the bloody bandage and grabbed a new one. He dabbed on some type of disinfectant and other medical oozes.

Amy bit her lip as Sonic tied the bandage around her thigh. She held back her screams, the oozes stung more than Amy could've thought. A small tear of pain rolled off her cheek. Sonic's soulless eyes looked back at her and gently wiped the tear away.

"I was scared." He finally spoke, his voice firm. Amy lightly laughed at him. "You, scared? I thought you never got scared?" Sonic's expression turned hard. "I thought you were dead. You wouldn't stop screaming or crying." Sonic's voice shook. "You were in so much pain, and I just wanted to make it stop. I couldn't focus on anything but revenge- and Knuckles is still out there- and I-"

Amy cupped his face in her hand to silence him. Sonic breathed shakily and leaned in towards her hand, closing his eyes, and kissing her palm. "I promise I'll protect you forever. Promise me you'll stay safe, promise you'll live."

"I'll never leave you here alone, never." Amy said, she felt like she had to add the last 'never'. It added emphasis on how much she meant it. Sonic's once expressionless face changed to a small grin. "Can I ask a question, Sonic?"

"Anything."

"Why haven't you... Calmed down yet?"

Sonic growled and walked away from Amy. "Because I can't forgive what happened. I'm mad at myself, at Knuckles, at everybody!" Sonic leaned against the foot of the bed. "Look how badly that bastard hurt you because I wasn't there! I was having some type of panic attack! I wasn't there for you. It's my fault this happened to you..."

Amy rolled her eyes. "This isn't your fault-"

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, Sonic! I was mad and scared! Your actions may have lead us to this point, but it's not your fault I got shot." Sonic looked at her like he couldn't believe what she was saying. "I don't care." He snapped and turned his head away from her. "I'm going to find Knuckles if it's the last thing I do. Then I'll personally rip his heart out and-"

"Sonic!" Amy yelled angrily at him. "If you don't just... just stop it!" Amy covered her face in the bedsheets. "I can't right now, Sonic. I'm feeling dizzy and nauseous, please leave."

Instead of leaving Sonic went to her side. "...Do you need medicine? I can-"

"Please leave!" Amy shouted angrily from under the covers. "I can't see you while you're acting like this." Without another word, or even a sound, Sonic left the room.

______________________
Hey guys!Sorry for the filler chapter!

How'd you all like it?
Did I do well?
I sure hope I did!

I don't really have any news for the end of the chapter...

So
Uhm
.
.
.
How was your day?? *nervous*

ANYWAYS!

REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY!

(And comment a song this chapter made you think of).