Emotion Progress 38: (Special Chapter) Laughter

(3rd pov) 

The war was finally....over. The world was at peace but at turmoil at the same time. It's only been 48 hours (Two days) since then. There were so many injured and so many cases to consider. Cases on whether or not the shinobi who are S-Ranked criminals, but helped fight, should be allowed free. 

But those troubles were left to the newly appointed Hokage Kakashi who was busily working on signing papers and appointing jobs to fix the city. 

In the bustling medical ward, laid two boys who were just merely resting in their beds. Outside their room stood a mentally troubled female. Rin looked at the door conflicted. Her hand clenched and unclenched, outstretched and retracted. 

Finally, she released a low exhale, gaining confidence and opened the door. She peeked in to see the boys were still unconscious. 

(Rin's pov) 

I secretly smiled, walking fully into the room and placing the two vases of flowers I held on their table. After their final fight and rigorous hours of Sakura's medical care, they were left alone to rest in peace. 

I placed a feathery kiss on Naruto's forehead. "You did it, idiot....." I murmured. "Rin..." A hoarse voice croaked. I spun around to see Sasuke looking at me with his one good eye. "Good evening." I greeted. "What time is it?" 

"Nearly 7...." I walked  closer to his side, looking over his state. "How....are you?" 

"I could be better." He muttered. "Consider it atonement for being careless." I light-heartedly joked. But he didn't laugh, didn't even smile. "This is...insignificant...compared to how much I have to atone for."

I frowned slightly. "I heard the Kages are talking about releasing you...what will you do if you are freed?" 

He turned his head away from me and looked up at the ceiling. "I want to travel....there is so many things that I haven't been able to experience or witness properly....and I feel I could find something...something that I need if I go now." 

A small smile crept onto my face. "I see..."

"What about you Rin? What will you do?" 

".....Kakashi-san has offered me citizenship...but there is something that I myself must do. I'll be leaving the village soon."