Emotion Progress 21: Inability

(Rin's pov)

'What the hell are those idiots thinking!' I mentally judged in my head. Naruto and Sakura had dragged me to confront Sai about him and Danzo's conversation. I didn't trust the man one bit even though I had only seen him twice in my lifetime.

Sai was unable to give us information about their conversations though because of a seal on his tongue. "What the hell is that?" Naruto asked stunned. "Is it a curse mark?" Sakura questioned.

"Ah. It's a seal to keep him quiet." I answered for him. Sai stuck his tongue back in while the other two faced me. "You know about it Rin?" Sakura asked me and I nodded. "Orochimaru placed the seal on my tongue as well. It was broken once Sauske became my new master." I explained.

Sai nodded. "That's right. if I start talking about Lord Danzo, my whole body will become numb and I won't be able to move or talk. This is true to all who belong to the Foundation." Sai told them.

"He's a cautious man," Sakura commented suspiciously.

"Lord Danzo and the Foundation engage in espionage. They've done a lot of dirty work behind the scenes." Sai emotionlessly defended, "so even if a member of the Foundation is captured, not a word would be uttered."

"But a thing to do...Putting a curse mark on one's subordinate. I can't accept that." Sakura muttered.

"It's a small price to pay for giving your allegiance to someone." I muttered. Naruto glanced at me over his shoulder while I just crossed my arms and looked at the pool of water nearby.

"That's why the ninja rules were created...to give your allegiance to your village. However, not everyone can follow it so people go to drastic measures. That curse mark is what has protected Konoha from the ground up, even if you don't like it." I finished.

"Their actions may have been crude but their love for the village is just the same as yours." Sai spoke up in silent agreement.

"Then why did he overturn Lady Tsunade's decision about Sasuke! Isn't he planing to dispatch tracking ninja to find Sasuke?" Sakura argued. "Is that so? I haven't heard anything regarding Sasu-" Sai was stopped in the middle of his speech.

My eyes glanced to the side at the red haired female who held her sword out to Sakura and the male beside her. 'Tch Kumogakure...' I thought irritated in my head as I silently slipped a kunai in my hand from my device in my sleeve.

"You can tell us all about this Sasuke fellow! You seem to be his friends," The girl said with a threatening voice.

Sai and my eyes narrowed at her. Out of nowhere Naruto grabbed Sai's sword and went after her. He slapped her blade away with his while pushing Sakura away in the process. I clicked my tongue annoyed and went to help.