Chapter 10: Whispers and Rumors

Second period sped by in a blur. The lesson was boring and I didn't pay much attention. In the hallways i still get the stares and whispers as I walk. Things haven't really died down yet from the label of the new girl. But i felt more secure since i was with Kim. She really helps with the blending in. Shes popular i guess you could say to an extent. Plus she has a bad ass boyfriend who has some hot friends and well... an egotistical friend.

"Are you okay? You've been pretty quite today in second period and in the hallway you haven't said much." I said cheerfully which got her attention.

"Oh Ahdree! I'm so sorry about last night. Like that was a horrible way to have you transition and I feel really bad about it. Even Kayla-" I cut her off as she rambled away.

"Kim! Its okay. I'm fine, really." I said laughing at her.

"I swear he's at least a little bit nicer once he gets to know you." She told me with a confirming expression.

"I hope so. Is it okay if I sit with you at lunch again?" I asked while I got my art supplies out.

"Is that even a question! Consider yourself apart of our group." She scooted closer to me and gave me a side hug.

"Thank you. I really do appreciate everything you have dome for me already." I said before silence fell between us when a certain person walked into the class.

His eyes land on mine as he walked in. I felt my stomach drop when I saw him roll his eyes once he noticed it was me. Let me say he didn't make it subtle.

My eyes quickly retreated back to the desk out of insecurity. He makes me feel unwanted and useless already and its only been a couple days since i came to this new school.

Small talk was distributed between Kim and I during class today. Nothing much went on in that class besides the constant urge to run out of the class room every time i made eye contact with Elias. I mean i don't mean to look at him. It just happens. It doesn't help that i can hear everything that comes out of Megan's mouth. Thats okay though, she obviously likes the attention.

I was so happy lunch has sprung into action. One: Im hungry since i didn't have anything this morning and two: today hasn't been the best. The only good part was i guess, Liam.

By the time i had gotten to the table everyone was there picking at there food and having conversations. The table was a big one just like yesterday with two extra seats at the end. Today i sat down next to Ryan.

"Can i have your apple?" He asks with his mouth full with a bite of sandwich.

"Only if i can have your orange..." I smiled at the agreement we had arranged.

He rolled his eyes and with a huff he handed over the orange with a pout. I smiled deviously at Ryan as i nicely set the apple on his tray.

I look over at Kayla and she was whispering something into Kim's ear. Next thing you know Kim's eyes went wide and her expression shows mere shock.

"I cant believe you didn't tell me!" Kim exclaimed.

She looked at me with wide eyes. Her head low and her voice in a whisper so she wouldn't cause attention.

"What are you talking about?" I asked back in the same manner.

"Don't you dare do that with us!" Kayla pitched in. She had her finger pointed between them.

"Seriously, i have no idea what you guys are trying to get at." I laughed and shoved a piece of my orange in my mouth.

"Gym class with Liam..." Kayla hinted.

I looked at her with a puzzled expression. You got to be kidding me!

"Seriously there is nothing. I just met the guy today." I explained.

They all stared at me like they didn't believe a word that came out of mouth. What was I supposed to say to them... it was a rumor. Well obviously the word was gonna go around. I'm new and one of the most popular guys at school just flirted with me. Its a small school and I didn't expect the word to get around so fast or at all for that matter.

"Since you all are staring at me weirdly and making me feel uncomfortable can we change the subject." I said setting my fork down from picking at the unappealing fruit.

"Okay, fine!" Kim said. "Study group at my house tonight! You all are invited!" She squealed before taking off with her lunch tray.

"Do we actually study?" I asked.

"More or less" Ryan replied with a smirk before he too left the table with his tray in his hand.

Looks like im going to a study party tonight... Yay