Chapter 4: Elias

The bell had rung letting us out of class to go to the next. Kim is very...perky i guess you could say. Im already thankful to have her being nice to me and well, becoming my friend.

We took one step into the hallways and they were flooded with students. Either rushing to get to class, talking with friends, or couples having major PDA. All throughout the time we spent in the hallway i kept making awkward eye contact with people.

"This teacher is awesome." Kim said as we walked into the classroom.

"Im not gonna lie. Im pretty excited to have this class." I admit while looking around. The class has artwork from the classes hung all over the walls.

"Mrs. Denahey is chill. She tells us what we have to do and lets us work the whole class period. Basically we talk and hopefully get our project done with in a week." She laughs and throws her bag down next to the tall desks.

"Sounds like an easy class." I laugh as well and take a seat next to her. "Am i in someones seat?"

"Yes but they can find a new spot. We dont have assigned seats." She told me and got out a sketch pad.

"Alright." I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

A girl with blonde hair and brown eyes came up to me. She looked down at me angrily.

"Megan be nice! Shes new." I heard Kim say.

"I can tell." She rolled her eyes and looked at her nails.

"Why dont you sit right here?" Kim asked pointing to a spot across from her with a hopeful smile on her face.

"No." She said quickly. "Ill just wait for Elias to get in hear and sit with him." She snarled and walked away.

"If it was such a big deal i could have just moved to another spot." I told her.

"No! No! I want you to sit with me. Don't mind Megan. She is always like that." Kim confessed.

"Oh okay." Is all i said before i felt the presence of a person standing behind me so i turned around.

"You must be Ahdree. Welcome to the class." A middle aged woman said which i assumed was our teacher. I smiled in responce.

"Here are your supplies." She set down a sketch pad, notebook, a set of drawing pencils and a set of coloring pencils.

"Thank you very much." I said to her with a big smile.

"Well i will let Kim here tell you what we are doing. Your project will be due a week after theres so don't rush too much." She smiled widely back at me before going over to another group of students who were messing around.

"Are you always that nice?" Kim questioned with a laugh.

"Um, i guess so." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

As the bell rung signaling that class has now started, Kim began to tell me what the assignment was. I guess we had to do a portrait of someone. It could be a celebrity, family member, a friend or even a complete stranger. All Kim said we had to do a drawing of a single person, no matter what.

I heard the door in front of the classroom slam shut. Everyones heads shot to look at the door. A boy was standing there in a black V-neck shirt and dark jeans.

"Nice of you to join us, Elias." Mrs. Denahey spoke out into the quiet classroom.

"No problem." His mesmerizing deep voice shocked me. His comment caused the class to fill with laughter.

He walked over and sat on the other side of the class room in the back diagonal from me.

"Looking at elias i see." Kim said with a quick laugh. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"He made quite the entrance." I retorted with a smile.

"Yeah, such a dramatic entrance." She said sarcastically.

I laughed and watched Kim as she sketched on a big note pad. I couldn't get it out of my mind on who i was going to do a portrait of.

"Who are you drawing?" I asked.

"My boyfriend. His name is Blake." She said to me calmly but i saw her face redden as she spoke about him. "You will meet him at lunch."

"More friends?" I raised my eyebrow unsurely.

"Of course!" She exclaimed. "Lots of new friends for you." She said excitedly.

I mumbled under my breath an 'oh goodie'. We both became silent as i watched her work. I didn't want to start my drawing till i was one hundred percent sure on who i was going to do a portrait of.

Beginning to look around the class my eyes landed on the who walked in late. Elias. To my surprise he was already looking at me and i happened to catch him before he quickly looked away. Weird, I thought. He made me curious. From what i could tell, he thought he was so high and mighty. Why? Maybe its because he already knows that he is extremely good looking which nobody can deny.

Class went by quickly because my mind just wondered around. Today is my first day and so dar its going good. Thank the lord its almost lunch time.