Levi seemed to be observing my story and saving it as some form of a memory.

   "Your turn!" I smiled cheerfully. He sighed but started.

"My name is Levi Ackerman... When I was a child I never had a dad, because my mom was a prostitute, and unknowingly had a child with one of her clients. Kenny... A relative of some sort I gather, of my mother tried to stop her from giving birth to me, but she was a tough woman and managed to." He laughed sadistically .

"I'd rather not be born to this hellhole if you asked me. Anyway my mother soon grew sick and died in her bed. That's where I formally met Kenny. At that point when he asked me my name I said Levi, just Levi. I remember him agreeing with me saying there is no need for surnames anyway and said he was just Kenny. He taught me self defence and how to steal and all that crap. Basically he taught me how to live in this goddamned place. But he left one day, when I was teaching a guy his place. Never saw him ever since. I really never knew exactly who Kenny was or what his motive was, but he did help me big time. I don't know that much about my family background at all. I only know my last name. Ackerman. However I never use it formally. I don't like people knowing where and who I'm from. It'll be easier to hide things if I do my life this way. Then I rescued you." He glanced at me.

"And met Farlan then Isabel." He smiled a bit. I joined him.

"So now we know each others deepest darkest secrets..." I laughed.

"Promise not to tell anyone." Levi demanded seriously.

"Cross my heart." I responded.

"Hey Chance! You are spacing out a lot!" Mikasa waved a hand in front of me.

"Oops sorry Mikasa I was thinking about stuff." I scratched my head.

"Oi Chance how did you get your name anyway? I mean it's.... Eccentric." Eren asked nervously.

"I love it." I commented eating another bite of mashed potatoes.

"Yeah I was wondering, did you give yourself that name?" Mikasa asked.

"Nope." I answered simply.

"Parents?" Eren hoped.

"Nope." I continued eating.

"Then WHO GAVE YOU YOUR GODDAMNED NAME?!!!" Jean, I think roared.

"First of all that is none of your freakin business horse-ass." A bunch of people laughed. I then realized, thanks to Jean's outburst I know had every single person who was in he mess hall's attention. I need to think of a way to not expose too much. I silently thought.

"Second of all, why do you care so much? I thought you had a crush on Mikasa not me?" My mind quickly turned and my smile morphed into a smirk.

"Eh?! No! I mean?!" Jean's face turned red. Everyone in the mess hall except some individuals started laughing and poking fun at Jean. I caught Levi's glance and I smiled at him. He just shook his head and continued sipping his tea. I laughed a bit and continued stuffing my face.

"Say Chance, do you happen to have a crush on the Corporal?" Mikasa shook my shoulders. I started to choke on my potatoes.

   "Why would you think that?" I managed to spit out. "I don't know, because you were staring at him." Mikasa said casually.

"Well he is pretty attractive. You can admit that much." I stated cooly. The look on Mikasa's face was priceless. I silently laughed.

"No way... You seriously got the hots for him?" Eren pointed at Levi who was now observing our conversation.