I quickly shake my head, "Oh, yeah, sorry. What were you saying?"

"It's okay. I was just saying how glad I am that you'll be able to live with him instead of having to go out to look for an apartment. That would've been a whole other mess."

I tighten my hand around the suitcase handle at the mention of living together but keep walking towards the doors into the outside, "It would've. Have you heard from him, by the way? I couldn't get ahold of him on text or call or anything since I left for the airport yesterday."

"It's probably just internet problems", my mum suggests.

"Probably", I agree and stand outside to see all various kinds of people coming to pick their families up with welcoming hugs and cheek kisses, "I bet he tried to call me, like, 10 times already since I left Toronto."

"15 times, actually."

"15-?", confused, I turn to look behind me at the sarcastic voice and that's the frozen moment in which my mind completely zoned out from my mum's eager questions into the phone that I gripped onto for dear life.

My mouth stayed slightly open at the sight of the man standing just a few meters away from me. His hands move away from being in a fist against his mouth in the attempt to warm them with his breath and slide into the front pockets of his coat.

He didn't have that signature messy haircut anymore. It was now a few inches longer. Curlier.

Was it always this curly?

Or was it just my shitty computer screen that wasn't able to show his hair better every time we talked?

It was for one second that I didn't recognise the man pushing himself off the farther wall. But it took me no time at all to figure out that it was because he wasn't a 'guy' anymore. He looked more mature.

In the best way possible.

Even if the cheeky ass smirk still stayed across his lips when he caught me staring way too long at him from the distance that currently held us apart.

Oh my god, my heart is beating so fast.

"...Jo'ee?", my mum worryingly asks for the billionth time.

My feet moved by themselves as they took slow steps to the person who did the same towards me.

Oh my god.

"Mum, I'll call you back later, okay?", I say, but my focus was on someone different.

"Oh, why?"

Faster steps, wider grins. He smiles at me as I practically start running towards him, abandoning my bag to the side when I'm already so close to him.

I finally say to her right before ending the call.

"I found him."

And crush into an embrace of Damon's familiar arms.

His arms wrap around my waist so tightly, so warmly as I did the same with my arms around his neck, trying to hide the forming tears from my eyes into his shoulder when I clung onto him like this was the last time we were going to see each other.