Chapter 5- Guilty Pleasure

It had been a month since Chris and I began seeing each other, and we became really close. We went on plenty more dates to the park and other places. He was a real gentleman to me every time too.

Tonight we were going to the beach. He was going to be picking me up from my house at the perfect time, because my Mom would be at work.

There was a knock on the door.

“Who is it?” I yelled, already knowing who it was.

“Its Chris,” he said from the other side.

I opened the door and saw him standing there wearing shorts and a white wife beater with some white sneakers. He gave me a hug and I could smell his cologne.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Just a moment,” I said and ran into the living room to put my sandals on. I was wearing a yellow strapless shirt and white shorts and decided to leave my hair down.

When we got to the beach, we were the only ones there. Normally there would be hundreds of people, but that night there were only two; Chris and I. He had a blanket for us to lie on and some snacks to eat.

He was the most romantic guy I’ve ever met, and at that moment I was glad we were together. He fed me strawberries and I did the same thing to him while we laughed about the dumbest things.

“I don’t know if it’s okay to ask you, but what happened with your last boyfriend. Why did he leave you on the side of the road that night?” Chris asked me.

I braced myself to tell him the whole story, “Well. We had been dating for a year, and throughout that year he was really abusive…And, one day it got so bad that he pushed me down the stairs after accusing me of cheating on him…which I wasn’t. The day before you saw me on the road, I was in the hospital because of the fall, and he tried to get back together with me by taking me to a diner. But, while we were at the diner he called me an ugly bitch so I just left. And that’s when you came…and rescued me.”

He looked at me intently, “I don’t know why he would say that. You are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. And he must be a really cruel person to want to hurt you.”

I blushed. Never in my life had I been showered with compliments by a guy that was so caring. The scenery was great and the guy I was with just made the moment even more exquisite. I felt secure and protected whenever I was around him. I had never been so overwhelmed with true feelings of affection that I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. They felt like a soft pillow, and I could feel my heart racing. His tongue was touching my lips, so I parted them and we followed the rhythm of each other until we broke away from the intenseness.

“You’re amazing,” I said after catching my breath.

“You wanna go walking along the shore?” he asked smiling.

“Sure,” I said and got up.

He took my hand and we began walking and talking down the shore. It was as if we were in a movie. Everything was going perfect. But, after about a half an hour the movie was beginning to end.

“I think it’s time for us to go,” he said to me.

“Yeah, I had a wonderful time, though,” I said.

“Me too, but it doesn’t have to end here. Do you want to go back to my place?”

“Uhhh, sure,” I said, even though I knew my mom would be expecting me to be home soon.

We got to his house and I realized he lived in a condo. It was really big on the inside and it was pretty nice. Once I got inside I told him I had to use the bathroom.