Chapter 3- Another Day

I opened the doors to my closet to pick out the right outfit. It had been a week since I was in the hospital and I was recovering well. My scars were almost gone, and I wanted to celebrate. My friends and I were going to this new mall that was built last month, and we were so excited. I chose to wear my white skinny jeans and a black and white striped sleeveless top with black sandals. I loved those jeans, because it was the only ones that I had that fit me perfectly. Since I was so tall, it was hard for me to find jeans the right length all the time. My hair was in a ponytail with a bump on the top. I tried to look stylish yet classy at the same time.

People always compare me to the model Eva Pigford, but I don’t really see the connection. Since I am tall, I get mistaken for an adult a lot, and sometimes…that’s not a bad thing.

“Audriana Michelle Brooks!” my mom yelled from downstairs, “Alexis and Lena have been waiting for you for the past ten minutes!”

“Alright, I’ll be down in a second,” I yelled back.

I grabbed my black jacket and headed downstairs to meet with the girls.

“Hey,” Lena said.

“Hey. You ready to go?” Alexis asked.

As always she was looking flawless. She had on a blue strapless dress that came to the middle of her thighs.

Lena was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white graphic tee. Her style was more casual.

“Yeah I’m ready,” I replied.

We got in the Alexis’ car and went to the new mall.

“Okay, so I wanted to go to Aeropostale first. I saw this cute skirt at another Aero store so they have to have it in here.” Lena said when we first entered the mall.

“Alright” I said, and we all went into the store to shop.

After about three hours or so, I spent all of the money I came in with except a little extra to eat.

“I am so tired,” I said.

“It’s only five o’clock,” Alexis replied, “We still can go in a few more stores.”

“I spent all my money. I only have like twenty dollars for food now. Plus I have to go to the bathroom.”

“Oh my gosh, look at that shirt,” Alexis pointed to an American Eagle shirt that was in the window, “I have to have it now!”

I sighed “Okay. I’ll go to the bathroom. And you can go look around AE with Lena.”

“You sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Lena asked.

“No, the bathroom is right downstairs. I’ll be fine,” I replied.

“Okay,” she said and followed Alexis into American Eagle.

I walked down the escalators to where the bathroom was and used it. While I was washing my hands, I heard a Paramore song playing from the intercom. I loved Paramore. And I loved every rock band there was. I was more into rock than any other genre of music, which a lot of my friends thought was weird. I stayed in the bathroom a little longer just for the song to finish then I walked out.

While I was going back to where American Eagle was, someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and saw a 6’1” guy. He was wearing a white t-shirt and some skinny jeans. His white and blue snapback matched the Jordans he had on too. He was so cute, but I was a little startled as to why he would stop me.

“Hi. Um, can I help you?” I asked staring into his eyes.

“Do I know you from somewhere?” he asked me.