59

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the support that was shown to me in regards to my friend. I loved your comments and messages of good wishes, and I honestly cannot thank you guys enough or explain how much they meant to me. Once again, thanks everyone. 

Anyways, just as I promised I would, I tried to get you guys a new chapter, and I succeeded! 

I know that quite a few people were hoping for more fight scenes in this fanfic, but I will admit, fight scenes aren't exactly my strongest point, so I decided to skip over most of the war. However, I added in a bit of action into this chappy. Hope it was enough. :) 

Also, while I don't, unfortunately, have more than one chapter ready for you guys, I tried to make this one a bit longer than the others...

Sakura put her hands on her knees, and let her erratic breathing slow down to soft pants. After a gruelling battle against three enemies, Sakura felt almost as tired as she did after one of the Queen's training sessions. 

As the Chakra Tree returned all the chakra that it had stolen, and the people who had been trapped in Madara's grasp were freed, Sakura gazed over at the dying form of Madara Uchiha himself. She watched as Hasirama knelt beside his old friend and they had one final conversation, enemies no longer. 

Sakura forced herself to look away, giving the damage the battle had caused her full attention.  She sighed. So many people had to be tended to, she had no time to be standing here, taking a break. She had to go and help those in need.

Sakura cracked her knuckles, approaching the first person she found and doing a quick check up on them, before deeming them well enough to be treated later.

Heading towards the next person, Sakura suddenly froze as something caught her eye. Sasuke was bounding away at high speeds, with Naruto following close behind. 

Sakura growled. "No you don't." She leaped into action, just catching up to them as they reached their apparent destination.

"Sakura! Get out of the way!" Naruto yelled. "I have to settle this myself." 

"No, Naruto. I've stayed out of everyone's way all my whole entire life." She snarled back. "Now it's my turn to have my way, and your turn to stay out of it. It's not only you who wants to knock some sense into Sasuke."

Naruto's eyes widened considerably at the fierce expression of frustration on Sakura's face, and he found himself backing off.

"Naruto's right, Sakura!" Sasuke called in a gruff voice. "You should just ba-" His eyes widened as Sakura suddenly appeared before him and kicked him in the shin. The kick was hard enough to make him flinch, but not enough to do any damage. 

"You listen here, Sasuke." Sakura glared at him, her breath on his nose, not at all bothered by the difference in hight. Sasuke froze. "Your disappearance hurt people. I'll admit, it kind of disappointed me too, but more than anything, it frustrated me. You left, and just like a spoiled brat, made everyone chase after you. Turns out that the last Uchiha is nothing than a snotty child, not caring about anything but yourself and your selfish dreams. I'm frustrated and angry, and you're the perfect punching bag. Maybe I'll succeed in beating that ego out of you." She delivered another swift kick to his shin and disappeared before he could grab her. 

Before Sasuke could react to Sakura disappearing in the first place, he felt a kick to his back, then to his ankle, and stomach, flashes of pink flitting in and out of this vision. 

Sakura kept jumping around, kicking Sasuke in random places, not strongly enough to do anything but confuse him. She was hoping this would hurt him a little. But just a bit. 

Finally, she leaped up and delivered a kick to the side of his head, sending his flying. Ok, maybe she wanted this to hurt a lot. 

Sasuke's back hit the wall, but he was back on his feet in no time. He glared poisonously at the pink haired beast who had just flashed in front of him. Without saying a word, he leaped forwards in a futile attempt in getting the upper hand. Sakura move backwards, blocking all of Sasuke's attacks with ease. 

Her leg flew upwards, landing yet another him on his face. She placed the heel of her boot on his cheek. "Do you not understand, Sasuke?" Sakura screamed. "You're not the only one who has gone through tough times. Everyday, everywhere, people go through things similar as what you went through! Sometimes not as bad, but sometimes even worse! And here you are, causing even more pain. And even after you achieved your goal, you refuse to atone for your sins. Itachi is dead, Sasuke. He's dead. Get it though your head. Your brother is dead, he died by your hands. Your family is also dead. So are Naruto's parents, and mentor, and his clan too. Tsunade's beloved little brother, and her lover. Kakashi's whole team died right in front of his eyes. My master, The Queen of Masks, lost everyone she had ever known, but she kept living, and was an amazing person in the meanwhile. All these people are amazing and good people, despite the pain they had to endure."

Sakura pressed down on Sasuke's face even harder. "Don't you get it, Sasuke? The whole world doesn't revolve around you. You're just a spoiled brat." With that, Sakura took her foot off of his face and stepped back. A single tear streaked down her face.

She swiped her arm across her eyes, and kneeled down beside Sasuke, who had rolled over onto his back and was staring blankly at the sky. "You know," Sakura began in a much softer voice. "I almost made the same mistake as you did. I went traveling for awhile, and I left without saying goodbye to anyone. And even worse, I left when the whole village was in a great time of need." She pulled his head into her lap, brushing some of his raven black hair out of his eyes. "But I came back to help my friends fight the war. And so did you." She bent down and wrapped her arms around him, pressing her nose into his shoulder. 

Sakura felt Naruto walk up to them and kneel beside he, Kakashi joining them soon after. Sakura straightened up and grinned at Naruto and Kakashi before giving a teary smile to Sasuke. They all smiled back.

Team seven was back and stronger than ever.

Sakura had her family back.