; 5 ;

Jack's P.O.V

After class, I walk into the cafeteria and got my food. I was standing there, searching around the room for where Mark could be. I mean, it isn't that hard to find a tall male with a blob of bright red hair.

I guess he was looking for me, too because once his eyes landed on me, he smiled brightly and waved. My smile turned into a wide grin as I sauntered over to his table. "'H-Hiya, Mark," I said shyly. "Hey, Jack!" He looked at me with the happiest look anyone has given me in a long time. He then showed off his signature handsome-model-like smile, that makes all of the girls fall head-over-heels for him. It even made me fall for him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Felix, Ken and Cry slamming their trays down on the table. Ken snarled, "What is HE doing here?" Felix glared at me. "HE is here because I invited him here." Mark shot back at him. "HE isn't welcome here." Ken spat back, gritting his teeth.

I was about to leave the table when Felix spoke up, "No, sit back down!" He tried to act nice. I sat back down as he gave me the usual look. I sigh and slide my lunch over to him. "I'm just going to go now." I stood up, but Cry pulled me back down.

Cry grabbed my sketchbook and looked through it, tearing pages out while laughing. I felt my stomach flip-flopping and doing somersaults. I felt like screaming for him to stop, but I didn't.... Because Mark did it for me.

"Ryan! Stop it!" Mark snatched my now ruined sketchbook out of Cry's hands. He bent down and grabbed the paper that fell on the floor and got up. "C'mon, Jack." He started to walk away, me following close behind.

"He's standing up for the freak?" I heard Cry say. "Yeah, I am. Deal with it." Mark yelled back to him.

We walked to a table far away from the previous table we were at. "I'm so sorry about what happened.." Mark apologized. "I-It's fine... I deserved it anyway." I weakly smiled. He handed me the drawings after looking at them. "Y'know, you're actually REALLY good at drawing." I gasped. "R-Really..? Y-You really think that?" He looked at me, again with THE smile.

"I know that." I looked at him in awe. He looked through the half-shredded paging until a green blob caught his eye. "What's that?" Mark pointed to the picture. "Oh, that's Sam Septic-Eye. I made it myself." I smiled proudly. "That's frickin' cool if ya ask me!" That made me blush lightly. "Heh, thanks..."

-Mark's P.O.V-

I looked over to see people going outside. "Wanna go outside?" I ask him. "S-Sure!" He agreed, smiling. I dump my food and walk outside, him following behind me. We then begin walking along in the field, aimlessly.

"So... You play any video games?" I asked, breaking the silence between us. He gasped as his eyes lit up. "Hell yeah, I do!" "Really?! What games?!" I asked, getting all excited. He then told me basically all of the game I like, give or take a few. "I love those games!"

We continued to talk about the parts in the games we like and hate the most until I changed the subject. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe come over to my house tomorrow night and play some video games?" I asked, afraid of rejection. "I'd love to!" Perfect!

We both talked more... until the bell rang. We both frowned, not wanting to go. "Um, meet me at my locker after school, if you want to walk home with me." He smiled brightly at me. "A-Alright! See ya!" He ran off.

I smiled to myself. I think I've just made a new friend..... And possibly a new crush, for other reasons...