; 1 ;

Jack's P.O.V

I woke up to my alarm beeping like crazy. "Shut the fuck up, you stupid alarm." I rolled over and smashed the snoozed button on my clock. I sat up and stretched, my back cracking in the process. I got up and went over to my dresser to pick out my clothes.

I stripped out of my pajamas and changed into my faded Nintendo 64 controller shirt. I slipped on my ripped jeans and my black Vans that had a neon green stripe on the side. I sighed and walked into the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. Walking downstairs, I was greeted by my mom at the table, head in her hands and bills around her on the table.

"Hello, Seàn..." My mother spoke softly. As "Seàn" left her mouth, I cringed. No one calls me "Seàn" anymore. It's usually Jack or the one everybody calls me, Gay Freak. I could probably name off many names but, I don't want to bore you.

"Hey, mom." I said, grabbing a breakfast bar and biting into it. I glanced over at the clock hanging from the white wall, 7:37 AM. "Are you ready for school?" Mom asked, getting up. "Yep!" I walked over to the coat rack and pulled my dark green jacket and hat off. I slipped my jacket on and placed my hat on my head. I looked at my mother. "Do I look decent?" She weakly smiled. "Yes, you look great." She grabbed her keys as I slung my heavy backpack over my shoulder.

The car ride to school was dead silent. As we got closer to the school, I started to get scared. "Mom, what if everybody hates me here, too?" I looking over at her with sad eyes. "I'm not sure. But, you have to power through the bullies and try your best to try not to let their words get to you." She smiled.

I tried my best to hide the mixture of fear and sadness in my eyes with a forced, fake smile. It seemed to work, too. I pulled my schedule out as soon as the "prison" building was in sight. Once in school grounds, she found a parking spot. "Bye, sweetie. I'll see you after school. Remember, if anyone tries to bully you, ignore them and don't listen to their words. Have a good first day at school." Mum has said that everyday since the middle of 6th grade, when I first told her I was getting picked on.

I reached for the handle with shaky hands, and eventually open the car door. I got out and waved. "Bye, ma." I shut the car door and watched as she drove away. I let out a shaky sigh and ran my fingers through the bright green mess that is my hair. I walked towards the school, looking around at the unfamiliar faces.

One face caught my eye. He had on a red flannel and black skinny jeans with black converse to match. He was very tall and very muscular. He had scarlet hair as well. Might as well give it a shot, right?

I walked up to him, "Uh... H-Hello... I'm new here a-and I was wondering i-if you would maybe show me around...?" I stuttered. Curse my lack of social skills! "Yeah... No." He smirked, towering over me like a giant. "O-Oh, okay... Well, I'll see you around, I guess..." I looked down and walked away.

I heard footsteps behind me, thinking that it was just another person walking to school. But, I soon I felt my body hit the ground and my clothes get wet. I looked up to see the boy I just talked to standing above me, laughing. I looked around me, I was in a puddle. "HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK IT! THE NEW DWEEB FELL INTO A PUDDLE!" Everybody who heard the voice turned and stared at me and then started laughing.

~~~~~ RIIIIIING ~~~~

Everybody started to walk inside the school building. Once almost everybody was inside, I slowly stood up and made my way inside. I looked down at my wet schedule. First class is English. The only problem is, how can I get there if nobody will show me around?

As I walked through the hallway, people kept bumping and pushing into me on purpose. Then they say, "Sorry, it was an accident." when I know they meant to do it. I sigh.

Today's going to be a long day...