9||Shopping Corey

AU: if you haven't seen one tree hill, this is basically the story of a nerdy girl tutoring the jock. #naley but idk it's a slightly overused but cute plot regardless.
••••

I pack my papers up, and begin zipping my back pack when it's suddenly darker. I look up, and the biggest jock on my school's basketball team is hovering over me.

"Uhhh, are you lost?" I ask him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rude person. Corey has just never talked to me before despite the fact that we've attended the same school all of our lives. We've even had classes together most of the time, yet he's never made an effort to talk to me.

"Not the response I was looking for." He admits. He rubs my shoulder and continues, "I was actually hoping you could help me with something." He says vaguely, and I just stare at his hand waiting for him to remove it. When he doesn't take the hint I pick it up myself and drop it off of my shoulder.

"As much as I would love to help you," I say in a tone that means I clearly have no intention of helping him. "If you weren't aware, I've been friends with Peyton for a long time. I also know you're awful to him. So no I can't help you with whatever it is." Honestly you'd think he'd talk to someone else first if he knew anything about me. He groans and puts his unwanted hand on my shoulder again and slightly leans into me.

"Look, I wouldn't come to you unless it was urgent. I'm failing math and I heard you're the best tutor." His voice drops to a whisper. "I could really use your help."

I step back, entirely too irritated with this situation. "Listen, I'll help you because I like to see people succeed. But in no way did your pretty-boy plea for help work." I shove his hand off of my shoulder with much more force this time. He looks at me strangely and looses his patience. "Whatever. So when are we meeting?"

"We can meet at 7:00 tonight at the picnic tables next to the pier. If you don't show, I'm done. Got it?" I ask making sure he understands I'm all business. "Okay I understand, you're not fun." He complains and takes a step in the other direction.

"Oh and Corey? Next time you try to seduce a girl into doing something for you, maybe you should rethink laying your 6-ton arms on her shoulder!" I say loudly receiving quite a few stares. Hauling my backpack on, I make my way to ride home with Peyton.
••••
It's 7:15 and I'm waiting for Corey. As soon as I decide I'm leaving in 5 minutes the tall boy arrives with his backpack in hand. "I'm sorry I late." He apologize and I can't decipher if he's genuine or not. Trying to be optimistic, I assume he's serious and continue the conversation. "No, it's okay. I just started to assume you weren't going to show." I confess.

"I'm not that kind of guy okay? I know what you might think about me and maybe you have reason to, but that's not me." I just take his words in and end the conversation there, we need to get started anyways.

*30 minutes later*

"What? I got it right!" Corey exclaims with a lot of enthusiasm. "Thank you so much, I didn't think I'd understand it this quickly." I smile because he's really doing well. Honestly, it's nice sitting here with him. When he's not under the influence of his half-brain basketball team, he's really nice and down to earth.

"Yeah you could thank me, but it's all you. You really are smart Corey, why do you let yourself get low grades?" I ask. Maybe I'm overstepping my boundaries but I'm really curious.

"I don't know, I guess there's so many distractions in school I don't really care about what the teachers say. Also having my ex girlfriend sitting next to me doesn't help." He had a look of distaste on his face and exhaled loudly. "Sorry I shouldn't be telling you all of this." He seemed so distraught I could at least hear him out.

"No, it's okay. You can continue; I won't tell a soul I promise." I say smiling. He then tells me all about how he was such a jerk to Sabrina and he's hoping she'll forgive him and become friends. He then goes on to tell me how his dad is so overbearing about sports it's wasn't a good idea to have a girlfriend in the first place. He spills out his life story to me and has gained so much respect.

"Was that too much information?" He asks ruffling his once styled hair into a messy attractive style while staring at the river. "No." I confess.

"Believe it or not, I actually kind of admire you now. You're a really brave guy Corey. When you feel like crap after practicing on the court for hours, please don't forget that." He smiled brightly and my heart melted. Now I can see why so many girls from school have a crush on him. But he deserves more than just a silly crush because he's hot. He deserves adoration because he's complex.

"That really means a lot." He utters while looking into my eyes. He pulls a see-through container from his backpack. It's the small kind that comes out of a coin machine with a cheap gift inside. He opens it and unwraps the plastic bracelet. Picking up my arm, he places the bracelet over my hand, so it can cling snugly on my wrist.

"What's this for?" I ask feeling the tiny circles he's rubbing into my palm. "I guess it's just something to remind you that you're special too. That maybe one day, we can be special together."

This is a night I will never forget, and Corey is a person who I hope never leaves.

••••••
Idk if I liked how this turned out but please give me feedback!! I cherish every comment and I ever get and love reading them.

P.S. Don't forget to vote!!