4|| Back for You

She is a sophomore and he is a junior.
Slow buildup, this may have two parts.
I guess it's more like a short story.
____
Snap.

Snap.

Snap.

I take pictures of things for my tumblr account. I can't believe it blew up all because of a boy with bright blue eyes and a Polaroid.

~flashback
"Hi." He said when we first met. I was just a 6th grade girl pining after the 7th grader with pretty blue eyes, the voice of an angel, and a Polaroid with him everywhere he goes.

"Hey." I said unsurely. He's never spoken to me before, I wonder what the change of heart is? Not that I'm complaining.

"You're the girl that runs that tumblr account with all of the edits right?" He asks. Oh no. This was NOT in my hundred-day plan to say hi to Corey.

My eyes widened and I tried to walk away very quickly but his quick reflexes prevented me from doing so.

"It's just that I've seen your edits and they're amazing. Do you think you could do that to some of my photos?"

I thought it over. Spend time with Corey? Yeah I'm done thinking. "That sounds great actually."

He put his arm around my shoulder "We're gonna be the next Bonnie and Clyde!" He yelled making surrounding people give us a funny look.

"So we're criminals?" I asked confusedly.

"Wait, I thought they were disciples." He said crunching his nose and getting lost in thought.

"You know what?" I asked.

"What?"

"I think we're gonna get along just fine."

~flashback over

Oh if only everything was just fine. But little did I know Mr. Blue Eyes switched out his cute little Polaroid for an expensive and advanced Nikon and never looked back.

I continue to snap pictures of common things mostly. Stop signs, odd sidewalk cracks, homes painted with light pastel colors, and other things of the sort.

I have this outdoor aesthetic that I really don't wanna give up. I still run my tumblr and it's pretty popular I guess. I'm not as active ever since Corey stopped giving me pictures to edit though.

I put my phone away and entered school. First block block is math and I zone out. My teacher sucks anyway, I normally just learn everything on YouTube when I do my homework.

English is another story. I'm honestly really good at it so I take it at a junior level.

Being a sophomore in a junior class really isn't all that bad, it's my favorite block if I'm honest.

When I reach my class I realize everyone is standing outside of the door.

"What's happening?" I ask no one in particular.

"I have no clue." My friend Grayson answered.

"Students!" A the principal spoke aloud. "As you know Mrs. Lawrence is pregnant and I'm assuming she told you her baby is due in a month."

"Mhmm." And "Yeah." Was mumbled throughout us students.

"Well, she's having some complications. She'll be okay but the hospital wants to keep her until the baby comes just in case, and then she'll be on maternity leave months after that."

"Woah, are you sure she's alright?" I asked. Mrs. Lawrence is my favorite teacher, I really hope she's okay.

"I assure you, she's fine. I even visited myself last night to make sure."

I nodded.

"So like, are we gonna have a sub until the semester ends? No offense but when Ms. Lawrence was sick last month, the sub tried teaching us from Dr. Seuss."

"That's why you're all being dispersed to a different English 3 teacher. I have this paper with each of your names and the teacher you're assigned to for the remainder of this semester."

He put it on the door and we all rushed to see it.

"Oh no, I got Mr. Scott. He hates me!" Grayson whined. We had him last year and he was pretty good. Grayson was honestly his favorite, he just got in trouble a lot for talking, as usual.

"Oh stop your whining. He loved you! Now tell me who I got because I can't see anything."

"Okay. Umm. Where is she... Oh!" He mumbled.

"Good oh or bad oh?" I asked in a hurry. I don't have time for bad surprises today.

"Depends on how you take it."

"Stop being cryptic Grayson!"

"You got Crossley." He answered.

"That's good!" I yelled.

"Do you even know who's in that class?"

"Well, no but-"

"Get to class you two!" The principal yelled.

Our classes are on opposite ends of the school so we rushed in different directions.

My thoughts took control of my mind and I became nervous. How could this be bad? She's the second best to Mrs. Lawrence!

I knocked on the door. It was opened by a girl I've never met before. "Oh another student! Take a seat by Mr. Meyer." The teacher said. She seems extremely perky.

I look at this Meyer kid and "Oh my god." I accidentally say aloud. Everyone laughed and I feel temperature rise in my face.

Why is he so attractive? Making my way to my seat, I keep my eyes focused on my feet because of how clumsy I am.

Once I sat down Ms. Crossley spoke to me. "We did this with the two other students who arrived. What is your favorite hobby and what do you want to be when you grow up?" She asked.

This is so awkward. It's silent as I try to think of something but speaking publicly embarrasses me so much because I always stutter.

It's silent as I feel eyes from everywhere in the room. I wish the floor would just swallow me.

"Can she even speak?" I head a whisper and a light laugh from somewhere in the room.

"Her favorite hobby is editing photos and she hopes to become an editor for Vogue magazine when she gets older."

My heart stops and I look behind me.

"Corey." I whisper. "B-but"

"Wow. First she can't speak and now she stutters? This day keeps getting better." Peyton comments. Tears well up in my eyes and I just stay quiet.

"Okay I guess the retard is mute again."

"Peyton, you have detention this afternoon." The teacher says like this is normal behavior. Detention? That's it?

She begins talking about The Great Gatsby and I sort of zone out.

I can't believe it. Corey stopped talking to me halfway through his freshman year when he found out how lame I really am. Now here he is, in the same class as me. But he remembered what I was passionate about. That's counts for something, right? I wonder what will happen with us.

Now, no one has ever talked to me like Peyton has. And I hate it. I hope him being rude was a one time thing.

Don't forget to vote and comment💓