Date with Alphys

My phone pinged with a missed call. I answered it. *Ring... Ring...* *click* "heya." The person said. It was Sans. "is anyone there...? well, i'll just leave a message... so...it's been a while. the queen returned, and is now ruling over the underground. she's enstated a new policy... all of the humans who fall down here will be treated not as enemies...but as friends." He informed me. I smiled. "Hey guys, you might want to hear this." I said. I put the message on speaker. "it's probably for the best, anyway. the human souls the king gathered...seem to have disappeared. so, uh, that plan ain't happening any time soon. but even though people are heartbroken over the king...and things are looking grim for our freedom...the queen's trying her best not to let us give up hope." He said. His voice was sad. I knew that he was trying to sound happy, but he failed. "so, uh, hey...if we're not giving up down here...don't give up wherever you are, ok? who knows how long it will take...but we will get out of here." He said. "SANS!!! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?" Came another voice. It was Papyrus. "oh, nobody." Sans said, truthfully. "WHAT!? NOBODY!? CAN I TALK TO THEM TOO?" Papyrus asked. "here, knock yourself out." Sans said. "WAIT A SECOND... I RECOGNISE THIS NUMBER! ATTENTION, HUMAN. I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS...AM NOW CAPTAIN OF THE ROYAL GUARD! IT'S EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DREAMED OF...EXCEPT INSTEAD OF FIGHTING, WE JUST WATER FLOWERS. SO THAT'S EVER SO SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. AND, WE'RE HELPING DR ALPHYS WITH HER RESEARCH! SHE'S GONNA FIND A WAY TO GET US OUT OF HERE. UNDYNE IS HELPING HER, TOO. THOUGH TO BE HONEST, HER METHOD OF HELPING...SEEMS KIND OF...EXPLOSION-INDUCING. BUT I THINK ALPHYS LIKES HAVING HER AROUND." Papyrus said. He seemed to be happy. "UH OH." He said. "Hey! What are you up to, punk!? Ngahhh." I heard. It was Undyne. "PlEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE PHONE." Papyrus pleaded. "Hey! Who's in charge here!?" Undyne growled. "ME." Papyrus said. "Oh... Yeah, that's right! I quit my job as leader of the Royal Guard." Undyne said with a chuckle. "Actually, since we won't be fighting anymore... The Royal Guard totally disbanded. There's, uh, only one member now." She said. "BUT HE'S EXTREMELY GOOD." Papyrus said. "Yeah!! He is!! C'mere!!" Undyne agreed. "PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE SKELETON!" Papyrus squealed. "Anyways, now I'm working as Alphy's lab assistant...We're gonna find a way to get out of this dump once and for all!! Oh, yeah, and I'm a Gym teacher at the queen's new school. Did you know that I can bench-press seven children!? Awesome, right?" Undyne sounded so proud. I giggled. "... Hey. I'm sorry about what happened with Asgore. You were just doing what you had to. It's not your fault he..." Undyne started, only to sigh. I felt bad for her. Undyne looked up to Asgore like a father, as well as a teacher. "Ah, darn it. I miss the big guy." Her voice was heavy with sorrow. "Come on, Undyne! Snap out of it!" She whispered to herself. "Uh, I guess I'll tell you how Alphys is doing. Well, she's the same as ever. Maybe a little more reclusive than normal. Seems like something's really bothering her... But she can get through it. I'm there supporting her!! That's what friends are for, right?" Undyne sounded determined to help her. "Right." Lilah said. We all looked at her." What? She asked a question. It's kind to answer it." She said. The message continued. "Hey, where-ever you are...I hope it's better than here. It took a lot of sacrifice for you to get there... So, where-ever you are... You have to try to be happy, okay!? For our sakes. We'll feel better knowing our trouble was worth it. We're all with you! Everyone is! Even the queen!" She said. I felt happy. "HEYYY! WAIT a second! Toriel! TORIEL! Do you wanna...? Heh, she says she's busy." Undyne finished. I felt a bit hurt. I think Toriel didn't want to talk to me. "BUT IF SHE KNEW WHO WE WERE TALKING TO..." Papyrus said. "we wouldn't get the phone back for at least a few hours." Sans chuckled. "WE HAVE THE MERCY TO SPARE YOU FROM HER!!" Papyrus said. "But call back anytime, okay?! She'd love to talk!" Undyne said in high spirits. "oh. whoops! this thing's almost out of batteries. so, hate to cut this short, but... be seeing you, ok, buddy?" Sans said, hopefully. "BYE BYE FOR NOW!" Papyrus finished. "See ya, punk!" Undyne said. *click*. The call ended. I wiped a tear from my eye. A flurry of emotions hit me. Sadness, hope, confusion, frustration and so many more. I was sad for my friends, who had so much hope. They thought I could do it. I felt sad for Undyne. She lost her mentor and her father figure. The monster she looked up to for guidance. I was hopeful, because I knew it wasn't over. If they can call me and tell me to stay hopeful, I will. I was confused because they thought that I had killed Asgore. I would have answered the call, if I could have. I put the phone away. As I did so, Flowey came back.