Part 7

Steve

Honestly I don't know what just happened. One moment I was going to see my girl friend and kiss her and the next I was storming out of the school.

How the hell did he get here? I thought he wasn't suppose to be back until school started next week! Did he think he could just come back into Nancy's life and take her from me?! Because if so he was not going to.

I'm the winner. Nancy picked me not him so why does he still hang around?

I had came right at the time Nancy went on to read her poem and I didn't understand it. Was this something that she had been through before or something? I shook it off and stayed there till the end. I noticed she was looking into the crowd but I couldn't find who she was looking at.

At the end after she won, I was going to go and give her the flowers I bought and kiss her in front of everyone but somehow Jonathan was there before me, and they were hugging! He got her a flower and they just kept talking. So I stormed out.

I mean really Nancy? What makes her so interested in him? He's just a weird piece of shit with a fucked up family.

He has nothing and I have everything, and she still chooses him.

Jonathan

I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night. Something about Nancy just made me so happy and I can't explain it.

We finally got home and Will ran inside. Mom called and left a message saying she would home at 7:30 and it was 7:25.

We quietly finished dinner and ended up still cooking when she got home.

"Jonathan you need to hide!" Will said.
I nodded and I heard mom knock at the door. I hide being the hall so I could still hear.

"Will honey, did you clean up the house?" She said sounding extremely happy.

"Actually one of my very best friends did." He said and I could practically hear the excitement in his voice.

"Will! Why did you make your friend clean the house and wait how did you friend get in?" She sounded concerned.

I peaked around the wall and she was facing the other way. I walked up behind her as she talked to Will.

"Mom, my friend is here. They are behind you!" He told her.

"What are you taking abo- JONATHAN!" She screamed and hugged me tight.

I hugged her really tight and I could see tears of happiness pouring from her eyes. I smiled and Will joined in on the hug.

"Jonathan what are you doing back so early?" She laughed as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"Well I decided it was time to come home. I missed everyone too much." I smiled again telling half the truth.

She looked at me as if she knew there was more to the story but she shook it off and asked me how the city was and school.

I told her it was great and all the stuff and classes I had taken. We ate dinner and talked about things I had missed while I was gone.

Will was so happy and my mom was glad to see us back together again.

I felt so overwhelmed with happiness. It had been a while since I felt at peace with everything and it felt good.

I was good with Nancy. My family was glad to have me back and I was home. That's all I needed.

"Goodnight mom." I said kissing her cheek.

"Goodnight baby. I'm glad your home. We missed you." She gave me a small smiled and kissed my forehead.

I walked to Will's room and told him goodnight.

"Jonathan?" He whispered.

"Yeah bud?"

"Your not gonna leave again are you?" He said sitting up from his bed.

"No, I won't be leaving anytime soon." I assured him and he grinned. I walked out of his room and into mine.

I was ready for the spring break to begin.

_____
Sorry for short chapter. Been a little busy lately! Tell me what you guys think! I really love seeing comments!! Love you guys!

-Ally