Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Max Henderson:

I twisted the hot water tap and let it run into the bath as I watched as the little dog wagged its tail with excitement.

"It's coming, it's coming, Noodle the cutie dog." I said to the dog in a baby voice.

Noodle barked back at me and I dipped my hand in the now half full bath to test whether or not it was safe for the dog.

Feeling the warmth spread through my arms I picked the dog up and dropped it into the water carefully.

"It's time for a bath Noodle." I said to the dog but got no bark in reply and I frowned.

Aww so I wasn't a dog whisperer?

Damn!

Shaking my wet arms I made my way over to the bathroom sink where I grabbed the shampoo from the cupboard underneath the sink.

I read the label on it to make sure I wasn't washing the dog in something that would make it sick and smiled in achievement, walking back over to the barking dog.

"Bad doggy. Stop barking." I said to it in an orderly voice and pointed at it like my mum would when she gave Maxine and I a lecture on being clean and hygienic.

Despite the fact that I had told the dog to stop barking it never did and I sighed, opening the orange shampoo bottle.

I squeezed the shampoo onto my hand and slopped it onto the dog.

I rubbed the white shampoo onto the dog using both of my hands, noticing some of its fur fall out and land into the water.

Yep this was one dirty dog.

I scrubbed behind Noodles ears and it arched it's back in enjoyment, or at least I think it was enjoying itself.

When I thought it was clean enough I washed my soapy hands in the water and flicked the water all over the dog causing him to cry in a puppy dog manor.

"Am I not doing it right Noodle?" I asked the whimpering dog.

When I got no response I frowned and stood up from the ground and searched the bathroom for a bucket I could use.

I found a yellow bucket over in the corner of the bathroom sitting next to the white toilet.

Smiling, I trudged back over to the bath after I had picked the bucket up, where I saw the white dog had her paws up on the edge of the bath.

"Noodle!" I yelled at the dog.

"Naughty boy. Paws off the bath." I told it, grabbing onto his paws and putting them back on the floor.

I dipped the bucket into the warm water filling it up halfway and slowly poured it over the dog.

He shook his fur and sprinkled buts of water onto my clothes and face.

Shaking the water from my arms I whispered, "yuck."

Once most of the water from my arms was hone I picked the soaking dog up and put him onto the ground.

He wagged his still and barked again and I laughed, making my way to the bathroom door that was closed so the dig couldn't get out.

We had four bathrooms and I was using the bathroom that had the least money put into it so that I wouldn't be destroying things in the expensive bathrooms.

If I did my mum would tell at me then ground me for the rest if my life.

That would not be joy-able.