Epilogue

They met Kim and Charlie for brunch a few days later. It had been a while since the four of them had gotten together.

"It's great to see you guys," Charlie said, smiling.

"It's good to see you, too," Gideon replied.

"Do you recognize this place?" Kim asked enthusiastically.

Taryn looked around.

"We've been here before, right?" Taryn asked.

"Yes. This is where you and Gideon met," Kim answered. "Can you believe this is where it all began? And all because of me."

Charlie chuckled.

"Yes dear," he said. "You just take all the credit."

Taryn laughed. It was funny to see them fight over who matched Gideon and Taryn up.

Gideon smiled and said, "I guess what matters is that we're all happy and still best friends."

"Let's make a toast," Charlie said, lifting his coffee cup.

"To best friends."

"To best friends," everyone echoed, as they sipped their coffee.

Taryn felt Gideon's hand on her knee. He squeezed her affectionately as she smiled. She was so happy to be with him. She was definitely glad he had gotten her phone number or they never would have gone out in the first place. She was determined to make her marriage work no matter what. It was worth it. So long as they loved each other, they could get through anything.

                                                     The End