Chapter 13

Moving day dawned cold and cloudy. Taryn was afraid it might snow, but luckily it held off until the evening. By that time, everything had been moved into the house. The moving company was quite efficient. All Taryn had to do was clean her apartment after it was empty.

It was strange moving into the house she'd only seen once. It was larger than she remembered. Their new furniture looked sophisticated and modern. Gideon was excited to hang his paintings on the walls. Taryn was more concerned with organizing the kitchen and setting up Gideon's closet. He had lots of suits and Taryn had to make sure they didn't get too wrinkled. She had discovered that Gideon spent a small fortune on dry cleaning. She would try her best to help Gideon spend less money in the future.

They had Chinese food for supper and then Taryn made their bed. Their bed. She'd have to get used to sharing a bed with someone all the time. Luckily, Gideon didn't snore or anything so she was happy to share with him.

Late that night, Taryn cuddled with Gideon in bed just before she fell asleep.

"These sheets are nice and soft," Gideon said softly, as he caressed her hair in the dark.

"I bought them on sale last week," Taryn replied, rubbing Gideon's bare chest with her hand.

"I hope you don't mind if I go back to work tomorrow," Gideon said. "I've got a big case coming up."

"Of course not," she replied. "I've got lots to do here to keep me busy and I want to set up my studio."

"I tried not to leave too much for you to do," he said softly.

"I know. But you're needed at your office. I don't mind."

"I'm glad. Not many women would be as understanding as you are."

"Well, I'm not just any woman, you know."

"I know. You're my woman."

With that, he kissed her until she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

******************************

Gideon left the house early the next morning. Taryn slept in because she was tired from moving.

Gideon left her some coffee so that helped her wake up. She was excited to start setting up her studio. It was the first formal studio space she'd ever had. It was fun setting up her easel and her paints. There wasn't much light at this time of year, but she knew it would be great for painting once the snowy weather went away.

Her studio had two large windows to showcase the back yard. There was space for a small couch in case Taryn ever had company or wanted to relax for a bit. She wasn't used to living in such a large place. It was also strange getting used to all new appliances. The laundry machines were way fancier than she was used to. It was a lot easier to be domestic when everything worked properly.

Taryn lost track of time as she busied herself getting the house organized. She didn't spend much time in Gideon's den because he wanted that to be his space. She organized every other room, though. She was exhausted by the time Gideon came home from the office.

"I'm sorry I didn't have time to cook anything," Taryn said regretfully after he hugged her.

"That's okay," he said, smiling. "I brought home some pizza. You've been working too hard. I don't want you to wear yourself out."

"I'm almost finished," she replied. "I'll get groceries tomorrow. I promise."

"Don't worry about it. We have enough to last us a few days."

Gideon told her about his day while they ate some pizza. He was busy with a high priority client and was expecting some phone calls that evening.

Gideon worked in his den while Taryn organized the guest suite. They weren't expecting any company, but she wanted the house to look finished. She didn't see Gideon until later that night when they watched the news together on the couch in the living room.

Love in JeopardyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara