Lost

There he was. I never thought I'd see him again.
I ran. I ran from my group. They all ran after me...everyone except Jen. She stood there, squinting at the man. So I ran back. I was never going to leave my friend there with a man who has a gun. I was risking my life, but that's what I would do for her.
Randy ran back and tackled the man to the ground, it was actually quite funny, but he did it. That bought me a little time to pick Jen up and run to safety. As I ran, the group kept guard. Jen, thankfully, wasn't that heavy, and I could carry her easily.
"Is everyone alright?" Justin asked. Everyone said yeah...everyone but Jen. Her eyes were closed. I thought she was sleeping, so I continued to run to safety. I ran until I thought my lungs were on fire, and then some. I ran until my legs gave out. I fell, with Jen still in my arms. "Yeah. I think we're far enough" I said. They all agreed.
"I'm gonna go look for things to make a bed" Randy said. "I'll help!" Justin said. And with that, they were gone.
I don't remember much from back then, but I do remember those awful, horrible, times when we lost a friend.
Soon they came back with sticks and rocks. I honestly didn't really expect much from them, I mean, we are out in the open. Jen's eyes were still shut. At this point, I got really scared.
I placed her down on the rock hoping she'd wake up soon.
"What do we do?" Asked Randy. "Should we just hide out here for the night? Or a few I guess?"
"What else can we do?" Justin had asked. "I guess we just wait it out..." I had added. And that's exactly what we had done.
  Nights went by and still little to no sign of Jen waking up. "How's she doing?" Keith had asked worriedly. He looked absolutely awful. You could tell that he knew what had happened to Jen.
  "Not good." I had replied. I started to smell something funny. It kind of smelt like rotten eggs. Everyone else smelt it too, they were sniffing the air around them trying to track down where the smell was coming from. The smell had gotten stronger and stronger, especially where I was sitting next to Jen.
  Flies were constantly coming towards Jen and I didn't know why at the time. I thought they were trying to help us. But soon, predators were arriving closer to us each day we stayed there. I have to say it felt like a couple of weeks we stayed in the same spot, eating nothing bus grass and acorns.
  I glanced over at Jen, and I noticed something terribly wrong.
Her face was getting all these tiny holes in it. I flipped her over onto her side, and I saw it.
"...Umm....guys?..." I had said, basically shaking from fear.
"Oh my....w-what happened..?" Randy had said with tears appearing in his eyes.
There, lied a little girl, with a monster sized bullet hole in the said of her head, and bugs leaking out of it. We all took several steps back to process what had just happened.
I can't believe that I had just lost possibly the girl of my dreams.