What is that

We all just looked at him as he left the room. If I were to guess, It took Keith 10 minutes before he came back in the room.

 We started to learn to ignore the bad and think about the good for a little bit. I mean, what else could we do? Go to school? First of all, I had no idea where we were. Second of all, if I wanted to go to school, kids would probably make fun of me and shut me out. Third of all, if I wanted to go to school, the tall man (that we barley saw in the first place) wouldn't enroll us. He treated us like we were useless, and if I had the power and chance, id probably just lay down and die. But I wont because I know how the other kids feel about me. I know I have a life, I just have to find it.

 "Hey guys," he said with a pause "Look at what I found in the mans room!" In his hand, he held up some green, paper like substance that had faces right in the center. "I think its called money." Keith said. 'Money'. The word sounded so familiar. "Keith, did you steal that?" I asked. "Not important. This could help us get on our feet for when we leave this rotten cow stable and go out in the open."

 "Well, I don't know. Maybe we could-" I had nothing else to say. To be completely honest, I loved the fact that we had money. It was the first time I actually got to see it. "Do we count it or just stare at it blankly?" Jen asked. "Yeah. Lets count it!" Justin yelled.

 "5........8......14.......18.........25.........37.............49.........54........65........78....." Randy counted. The first time I ever heard him count out loud. "$78!" I yelled exhilarated. "That's enough to get us on our feet for at least a year!" Only being 6, I had no idea how much stuff was or how much we all needed. I soon found out the hard way.

 The room became quite as I heard loud footsteps coming toward our room. "Oh no." I mumbled as the footsteps became bigger and stronger and louder. The door slammed open and hit the wall forcing the door to slow down. The man walked in with a smile on his face. We hid the money so he wouldn't see it. In fact, he wouldn't be able to find it if he tried. This evil look on his face took everyone by surprise when he just left. We all waited until we couldn't hear anymore footsteps to begin our plan. "Less noise this time, okay?" Jen asked us all. we all nodded our head 'yes' and went to work.

 Hours went by and we were about ready to go out on our own. We decided that Justin should be the leader, Jen should be the lookout, Keith should be the hacker with his mind tricks, and Randy and I should be the protectors of Bullet Strong. Each having different jobs, we thought it would make it a simple way to escape, or at least we hope.

 I could tell that everyone was excited to go out and see the real world for the first time in 3 years. But we were also nervous. What if we get lost and we get kidnapped again? What if the man caught us trying to escape? What if we got eaten by wolves? I decided to ignore all the "what ifs" and began focusing on the minutes till we escaped.