<<•one•>>

Dedication- FangirlingRi ! You were my first reader and I really thank you for that💜✨

Riley's death hit the group of friends harder than it hit Cory and Topanga. Zay would scream out 'Riley' whenever he saw cheerleaders now, Texas Lucas returned, and Smackle actually cried. Farkle, unlike his normal ways became mute.

Maya was hit the hardest. Everything reminded her of Riley. The sun, cats, even art. She quit art. It was too hard for her to do without a purple cat helping her show the way.

The bay window has been unused ever since Riley's passing. Untouched. No stories or laughter would ever be shared again. A layer of dust collected on the bay seat, and the window was now shut and locked.

Slowly, without Riley, everyone changed. The friends drifted apart. Mr. Matthews begun teaching from the book, and because of that, the lessons there could not save the once tight not group.

Until ...
(A.N. //I imagined this in Maya's Cheese Soufflé voice😂😂)

Cory went into his daughters room, before the funeral.

He looked around, seeing all the memories of her room. Young Riley and Maya, singing, and jumping on the bed. 10 year old Riley and Maya, watching in amusement as Farkle said, "Ladies", peeping his head through the window.

And finally, Riley and Maya taking arms ready to take on the world.

Tears spilled out of Cory's eyes. He ran to the bathroom, for a tissue when he saw the white envelopes laying on the counter. Wiping his eyes, he grabbed the parcels in his arm, and ran out of the room. Topanga and Auggie sat on the couch with Lucas, Zay, Smackle and Farkle stranded awkwardly around the room.

"Guys." Cory said, a bit too excitedly since today was her funeral.

The group snapped their heads up, as if before they had been in a daze.

"I think I found the answers to why Riley is gone."

Word count- 308