Hermione had tried to hug me and had done it a little too hard for my body and knocked us flying. We both had tears streaming down our faces in laughter. Blaise looked completely shocked, and Slughorn ran over trying to see what had happened. He dismissed us with a scowl and we went off to our next class.

Brilliantly, Hermione and I had every class together except ancient runes, for I had divination. In all of the classes for the next school week we sat next to each other. Astronomy was the the best though. We would speed through the work quickest as possible so we could be dismissed earlier and then hang out at her dorms. The heads dorms were truly gorgeous and I was jealous of Blaise for his luxury. On Friday's lesson of astronomy, we finished the work in the fastest time possible- all correct of course, and sped to her dorm. Then I had an idea.

"Hermione?" she looked up from the hot chocolate she had been drinking and murmured a reply. "How about we play a little prank on Draco and Blaise?" I asked. I saw the evil look in her eye and knew the answer would be yes. She was more Slytherin than anyone knew. I winked and she followed.

We entered the boy's bathrooms and charmed the taps to spray water at all angles, making a sort of muggle sprinkler as Hermione put it. We got drenched in the process of checking they worked, but it was worth it. We then charmed the toilet so that whatever is 'put in it' will be thrown right back. This prank, we refused to try! We then transfigured a belt of Draco's into a snake and put it into his bed. Giggling, we finally put sticky substances in both of the boy's underwear. Laughing in hysterics when we found some of the designs on the boxers.

"By the way Mia, happy birthday for tomorrow!" I screamed, jumping on her in excitement. "We're going to Hogsmeade to celebrate, right?" She nodded. "Do you want to stay over tonight? I spoke to Ginny this morning and she said she'd like to get to know you better. Then we can go to Hogsmeade together in the morning?" she asked, and I grinned and replied. "Sure thing! I'll go grab some stuff and be right back. We wouldn't want to miss those boy's faces in the morning anyway!" I winked, and went on my way.

Pansy was in our dorm, lying on her bed and twiddling her wand in the air. "What's up Pans?" I asked, jumping onto her bed and making her bounce up and down. "I don't understand. Why have you become so close with the mudblood so suddenly? She's filth!" I slapped Pansy's arm. "Hermione is brilliant. Don't you trust me Pans? She would never hurt anyone! Everyone says I'm a good judge of character. What is it about Mia that makes her filth to you?!"

I saw her face go red and prepared myself for the blow. "ASTORIA. SHE IS FILTH. SHE IS NOT A PURE BLOOD AND IS THEREFORE INFERIOR TO US. YES, YOU ARE A GOOD JUDGE OF CHARACTER, BUT SHE'S A FILTHY KNOW-IT-ALL."

"PANSY. SHE MAY NOT BE FROM A PURE FAMILY, BUT SHE IS PURE OF HEART. SHE'S FOUGHT FOR GOOD EVER SINCE SHE FOUND OUT WHO SHE IS. SURELY SHE DESERVES RESPECT FOR THAT! Please. Give her a chance. She truly is amazing and she's probably purer than all of us put together." I was pleading now. Pansy was like a sister to me, but I wouldn't lose Hermione because of her prejudice. I was tearing up now. Couldn't she see the truth in what I was saying?

"She's a mudblood Astoria. Always has been, always will be." With that, she left. I sat down fast, the air flying out of my lungs. I wouldn't lose Hermione. She needed a friend in Slytherin to survive. Pansy could piss off and until she smelt the flowers, she was no longer a friend of mine. I wiped away an angry tear and did what I came for. Not knowing the mess I'd be welcomed back to.

Hermione's POV

Humming to myself, I quickly tidied my bedroom and replicated the bed for Astoria so she'd be comfortable. Malfoy and Blaise strode in.

"Expecting someone Granger? Who is it, Weasley and Potter come for a girly sleepover?" Malfoy smirked. Blaise just stared at me, apologising with his eyes. I didn't let him bother me.

"If you must know ferret, Ron and I aren't on speaking terms, and Astoria is in fact coming over for what you call a girly sleepover. Don't expect to be invited into our naked pillow fights if you treat me like shit." I replied smugly, knowing there wouldn't be naked pillow fights.

"Astoria? Are you girls friends now?" Blaise grinned at me, and I grinned back, nodding. Malfoy simply looked at him in fury and Blaise stared back blankly at him.

"Astoria hanging out with this filth? I don't think so. Blaise lets go find her and talk sense into her." I rolled my eyes at his petty insult and watched as Blaise sighed and waved, following Malfoy. Poor him.

I made her bed quickly, knowing she'd be back soon with or without Blaise and Malfoy. I heard the knock on the portrait hole, and answered it, not finding Astoria, but Pansy. She had tear tracks and her wand out. Before I could react, she flung me into the wall with a shout of "STUPEFY!"

My breath left my lungs in a whoosh as I flattened against a bookcase, already feeling the bruises on my body and the wetness of blood in my hair. She paced up and down beside me.

"HOW DARE YOU. MUDBLOOD. HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY BEST FRIEND, LIVE WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE, AND COME INTO MY HOUSE? YOU DON'T BELONG HERE YOU UGLY KNOW-IT-ALL BITCH. YOU DESERVE TO DIE AND DEEP DOWN EVERYONE KNOWS IT."

"Pansy... I-I'm not... a mudblood-d" I stuttered. I could feel the blood slowly dripping down my head.

"Yes you are! What makes you think you're not, huh!" Then something made her stop dead. She walked up slowly, wide eyed and pushed my hair back from my face. "You... Your blood- it looks exactly like mine! How is that possible? IT'S NO DIRTIER THAN MINE."

"I'm not a mudblood! Even if I was, I would still have the same blood as you!"

"What do you mean you're not a mudblood?"

"Ask Blaise" I muttered. "Can you heal me if you're done being angry?"

"Oh-uh yeah sure, I guess." She muttered a few healing spells and apologised, before leaving quickly to sort out her thoughts and probably to yell at Blaise. I collapsed on the floor and closed my eyes, waiting for Astoria to come back. Maybe she'd heal me a little better. I was dreading the shit storm that was going to arrive as soon as she reached Blaise.