The Final (End)

author note :

writing this story was like nothing i could've imagined. the friends i made along the way. the various readers that like and read my story. it means so damn much. i have grown so much since i started this. i'm so much better at writing than i ever knew i could be. so thank you for reading. each one of you has warmed my heart and i'm so blessed that i got to make this.

- cait

_____________________________________

It's been a week since the trip to California, and I couldn't wait to end school and go back. Summer break was arriving in a few days which meant...finals. I had four exams that I had to take. Lucky for Cas he had five. We were so happy about it, that we stayed up until seven in the morning just to study.

"Cas, did you set the alarm for eight thirty?", "I thought we were waking up at eight fourty-five."

....And it went on and on for that entire week until that Thursday. That's when we finally got a break. I was so relieved after taking the exams, I didn't think about the distance I felt towards Cas.

We were distant...but luckily not...that..distant.

It was a good thing we had going on. I'd bring breakfast in the morning. We'd go out for lunch after class. Then Cas would bring me a latte after work and we'd eat dinner at Charlie's. The kisses and smiles were rare, but we made it work. We always made it work.

The next week took me by surprise. Cas woke me up on monday with a bagel, cup of coffee, and a kiss on the cheek.
"I think we should switch it up today, mister. Go change, I wanna take you somewhere after" He ordered with a cheeky smirk on his face. I got up and walked to the dresser. I decided on a blue flannel and a pair of dark blue jeans, then walked to the bathroom and put it all on. After that I brushed my teeth and did my business.
Once I came out, I noticed Cas looking through index cards as he sat on my bed. I cleared my throat and looked at the bag of bagels sitting on his desk. "Breakfast time?" I wondered, making him put the cards in his back pocket and stand up, flashing me a cute smile.

Eating with him was awkward. He stared at me for long periods of time, and when he didn't stare, he'd talk about random things like the weather or the new Mcdonalds down the road. "Okay...Dean I  want to take you somewhere now...you ready?" He asked me, gazing at my eyes. I swallowed the last sip of my coffee, then nodded, and stood up. "As ready as I'll ever be, sweetheart" I replied, winking at him. Cas looked like he had a heart attack. Maybe I shouldn't have winked.

----------------

Just like Cas said, he was definitely changing things up. Instead of having me drive to where he wanted to take me, he drove my car. I was getting nervous, his driving was subpar and I didn't know if I could trust him with my baby. "You sure you know where you're goin," I asked him as I watched his eyes focus on the road. "..Yes" Was all that sputtered out of his mouth. He was so determined and I had no clue why.
A good ten minutes after, Mr. Determined had made a full circle in town but eventually reached his destination. An adorable park with white fences, and a pond surrounding the center of it all. "If you wanted to take me to a park then why didn't you just say so?" I grumbled. It's not that i was mad, I just didn't see why he had to "surprise" me. "Get out of the car and walk with me, stupid" Cas spoke harshly, it was like he was a different person. A confident one. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, trudging to the front of the park with Cas. When we entered the park hand in hand, Cas started to breathe funnier than I remembered. His breaths were fast and hard, like he just ran a race. "Cas, you okay?" I questioned, stopping our walking all at once. He paused for a moment, staring at his shoes, then faced me. His cheeks were red and he gulped,"I've been trying to find a way to tell you..."

Suddenly I got more worried than I was before. I made sure not to say anything,  though. He seemed like he was going to talk some more.

"You were the meanest asshole I ever met. I hated you for a long four years...I really don't know how we even...whatever. Dean...I-I love you. Living with you and Vincent was the best descision I ever made. I know  sometimes we wanted to move out. I know we caused each other pain. But I've never been more in love with someone in my life....Dean I want you to come home with me for summer break....I'd love it if you met my parents. I've never been so sure about anything...Dean will you go with me?"

So that's what he was rehearsing for.

I couldn't believe it to be honest, but I nodded my head and bear hugged him as I grinned so cheesily. "Of course, Cas" I muffled onto his shoulder. Cas pushed me back and quickly put a hand on my cheek. He smiled wide, and crashed his lips onto mine. At that moment I didn't care who saw us and it felt so good.
____________________________

Later that night when I was cuddled up with the blue eyed love of my life I realized why he was so distant, and I couldn't have been more excited to meet his parents and hopefully...if all went well...start a family with this boy.
Cas was someone I could die for and I was so happy that I got to live with him. I could finally say that I love someone, someone who I never want to let go of...and that's a big step, don't you think?