Second Chances

Cas P.O.V

I woke up with a heavy headache. Dean and I ended up passing out after arguing and I think it was for the better, however I woke up in his bed so I'm not sure how much better it was. "You called me an asshole" Dean spoke from my bed, startling me. I looked up and saw his eyes focused on me. He looked good in my bed. His hair was sticking up in little parts and it couldn't have been cuter. I feel like I could write a whole book about his hair. It's color, the way it was always slightly in a quiff. I feel like protecting his hair at all costs. "Cas snap out of it" Dean yelled. Of course I was stuck in a daydream, I was always zoning out with him around. "I'm sorry...for..everything" I mumbled and shuffled my hair around with my hands. "Do you happen to have some Aspirin?" I asked, I needed to kill this headache. "Uh, yeah..I'll go get some, just stay there" He said with a trying smile and got out of my bed. Minutes later he brought me two pills and some water. "Dean, do you still like me?" I wondered. He sat at the foot of my bed and sighed,"I never liked you in the first place but...yes, I still do...like you or whatever". His words made me smile, I was worried things were going down hill. "Just don't bring Daniel into the mix again?..please" He added, "I won't..or whatever" I laughed.

Later on, I was stuck in my classes when Charlie texted me. Luckily she recovered and left Ava but she didn't want to talk about it. She wanted to meet up for ice cream though and that sounded great after these classes. I got the day off at work luckily, so I could meet up with her...Yay! 

1 Hour later, my class finished and I started to walk out of the auditorium until I heard a voice call my name. I turned around and saw Dean's friend, Bella. "Hey" I smiled. "How's it going with Dean?" She asked. "Its uh..I think it's good-", "Don't fuck this up for him" She threatened and walked away....the fuck? "I'll try not to?" I said, kinda questioning everything around me. Well I guess I shouldn't fuck whatever this is up. I walked my way to the Ice cream place and thank god it wasn't super far away. However it did cause me to sweat a little, which didn't help.

"Cas, thank god, I missed you" Charlie sighed as she hugged me. "I'm sorry I'm sweaty" I laughed. "It's okay...gross..but okay. I'm just glad to see you" She smiled. "How've you been sweet heart?" I asked while standing in line for ice cream. I was so excited for ice cream. It was cold and I was too tired to not want it."I've been better. Still rocking these glasses though" She chuckled as she pointed to her dark sunglasses. "Charlie...I'm really sorry" I frowned. "It's not your fault, Cas. You helped me the most and I won't forget that. So lets just get some ice cream, okay?" She asked with a little grin. She seemed more peaceful and I was grateful for that. I think she was in a better place than before. As we got to the front of the line I saw a familiar face. "Hey welcome to....Cas. Charlie, hi" Dean faked a smile. "Dean..." I breathed..I was lost in his eyes until Charlie practically squealed, "Two regular vanilla cups...OOH! with rainbow sprinkles please". I almost died. "Right...alright..um..that'll be 2.41" Dean blushed. "Gay boyfriend discount?" Charlie asked, making Dean blush twice as hard and making me turn into stone. "I'm gonna. Uh..go..get your ord..order" He stammered. Practically tripping on air.

10 Minutes later we both got our ice cream and walked through the downtown streets. "Why'd you have to embarrass us, Charlie?" I asked, in a small bitter tone. "You two are adorable, it's funny to see you both mortified with my words" She laughed and scooped up some ice cream with her little pink plastic spoon. "You're so mean" I gasped. "Oh Cas, relax. I'm only playing with you" She laughed off. I nodded and kept walking, we passed bars and convenient stores, occasionally looking inside and then turning back to each other. Soon I caught Charlie stopped in her tracks. "Charlie?" I wondered and caught up with her. I looked where she seemed to be seeing something. It was Ava. She was looking at Ava kiss another girl against the outside of a bar. I tugged Charlie's hand, and frowned. "Charlie, lets go. It's not worth it" I advised. She clung to her spot for a few minutes, and then turned around. I rubbed her back and saw what seemed to be a tear falling down her face. "I miss her Cas. I really do" She sniffled. "It'll be okay. Let's get you home" I spoke, trying to comfort her. We tossed our Ice cream cups in a nearby trash can and never looked back. 

Maybe 30 minutes later, I had hugged Charlie goodbye and walked up the dorm buildings stair case. I trudged to my room, and opened the door, stumbling inside. My feet ached like no tomorrow. I saw Dean doing what looked like packing. "What are you doing?" I asked, while walking to my bed. "I'm packing. "For what?" I wondered and sat on the edge of my bed. "I'm going on a week trip. A photography company in California wants to do a photoshoot, but they want my work to be featured in it. Like background noise, but it's still a opportunity for me" He sighed and packed more clothes into a suitcase. "But you didn't care to tell me at all, right?" I shrugged. He was such a selfish ass. "Cas..it's just a week" Dean sighed and turned around to me. "You could've told me, when you got the news. You do realize this right? When are you leaving?" I questioned. The last thing I needed today, was to hear this. "I'm gone by 6 PM tomorrow..I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but we have classes and work and thats enough to make our communication fuzzy" He frowned. "Our communication has been fuzzy since you bullied me" I laughed, making the room fall silent. "I'm sorry" He breathed. "I couldn't exactly tell you I had feelings for you when football assholes were around, and..I'll promise to bring a souvenir or something. They only contacted me yesterday night. I called Sam to celebrate since you and I weren't on the best terms" He told me and got closer to my bed, still staring at me. I looked up at him as I felt our legs brush against each other. He touched the tips of my hair gently and then ran his fingers through the rest, making me look up at him. "I'm sorry for that. Maybe we can do something tomorrow?" I wondered, "You have work tomorrow" He stated with a sigh. 

"Shit" I mumbled. Dean inhaled and sat down next to me, putting his hand on my leg and rubbing my thigh. "I'm sorry I fuck up everything" I apologized, "It's not your fault" He laughed. "You know...the company did need models. Maybe you could be one of their muses for the week" Dean commented. "I can't just leave-", Suddenly Dean put a finger on my chin and turned me so I was facing him. "Anything is possible, Cas" Dean said slyly with a devilish gaze. It was scaring me how good he was at persuasion. He slowly leaned in and kissed my lips. I proceeded with his movements and felt his soft lips up against mine. The heat in the room grew as we shared endearing and passionate kisses. He reached his hands over my zipper and I suddenly felt hard. I guess I'm going to California.