Year 3 | The Locket

Start from the beginning

"The cookies are for Santa Clause." She crossed her arms.

"Harry and Lily don't know that."

"These traditions are important, James." She couldn't hide her forming smile, "How many did you eat?"

"Just one." He lied.

"You only said two words and I knew you were lying." She laughed to herself, teasing him, "I would figure being best friends with Sirius would help your lying skills, but I suppose not."

"They were very good, if it count for anything."

"Were they?"

"Do you want to find out for yourself?" He smirked, leaning into her.

"Just a taste." Their lips met and they shared a kiss.

The entirety of it all may have seemed to serene and happy, but one must remember, these were the lighter times before such evil that they encounter years later even surfaced.

As they pulled away, Harry made a noise from the living room and so they walked towards them. James noticed that it had begun to snow again, so he scooped up his children and brought them over to the window. Lily squealed at the view, her gaze not particularly landing on anything specific, as Harry banged his miniature toy broomstick on the window pane and smiled toothlessly as he did it.

"Do you see that, Harry?" James caught his attention when he said his name, "Look, that's snow!"

After a few moments of looking out of the window, James brought the children onto the rug and set them down. Lily sat down with her husband and children and gave the babies a few toys to entertain themselves. As they played, Lily's eyes landed upon the many presents beneath the tree.

"Molly sent Harry and Lily knitted onesies. Just received them in the post today." Lily relayed to her husband. "She also sent a photo of Ronald in one just like Harry's."

"Oh, really? How is the little tike?"

"As cute as a button. He has the bright red hair and blue eyes like the rest." She told him.

"The Weasley charm." James chuckled.

Outside in the village, if they were quiet enough, the singsong voices of Carolers could be heard as they belted out their Christmas tunes. The fire in within the fireplace was slowly dying out and so James stood up and grabbed his coat from the hanger.

"I'll go chop some wood for the fire." He told her. "I'll be right back."

"You're hot cocoa will be waiting."

He exited the house, leaving Lily with Harry and Lily began to slow in their play, growing sleepy. She stood up and turned the lights off so she could gaze at the lit tree and sat back down. Pulling Harry and Lily onto her lap, she held them close to her and smiled at the tree. It was their first Christmas and so far, it was just as she had hoped it would be. As the glimmering lights from the tree began to make the two siblings sleepy, Lily rocked back and forth and began to sing.

"Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace."

⚯͛       ⚯͛      ⚯͛      ⚯͛      ⚯͛

Lily had never really had a happy Christmas, as far as she could remember. Harry had felt the same way, all until they had reunited and spent the past two Christmases with their friends in Hogwarts. Ever since Lily had found the people she had considered family when she was eleven years old, she gained her love for Christmas again. Just as she had the two previous years, Lily spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve giving presents to the people that mattered most to her; McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape, Lupin, the Weasleys, Hermione, everyone. When she had given almost everyone their presents, it was already evening when she had finally come down to the last present for the last person.