Losing more members

"Raine, there was another attack." Cory, my beta and best friend said sadly to me. I looked up at him from my desk, laying down the paper in my hands on my desk. "How many?" I asked. "12, 6 were some of our new warriors. the other were two families that lived along the west border. No survivors." He said. I started to shake. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could have helped." I yelled at Cory, using my Luna voice. "Luna, they were gone as soon as one of the warrior contacted me. There was no point."

That had been the third attack in the last two months. 23 of my pack members have already been lost, now 12 more?!? "This has to stop. I'm calling a meeting with Alpha Reid. Can you set it up for me?" I asked him shyly. he knew how much I hated asking others for help, especially from another Alpha. Cory gave me a slight nod and left me with my thoughts in my office. I pushed my glasses up further onto my face. I let out a shaky breath as I crossed my arms on my desk and rested my head down onto them. I let myself fall into a deep sleep for the first time since the attacks.

"Luna." Cory said shaking me awake. I jolted awake on high alert. I sighed in relief when I saw it was only Cory. I placed my hands behind me and rested myself up against my desk. "Alpha Reid has agreed to meet with you, I told him to come by tomorrow around noon." Cory told me. "No we can't wait until noon. We can't even wait until tomorrow." I told him. "Raine your exhausted. You need some rest." He told me. I nodded my head, unable to argue anymore.

Cory took my hand in his and led us to my bedroom. He opened the door for me and let go of my hand as I walked in. The familiar scent of my room engulfed my sense and I felt at peace. I walked over to my king sized bed and slid under the blue silk covers. Cory slid under them with me. "Thank you, for everything. I'd probably be dead by now if it weren't for you." I told him truthfully. Cory was more of Alpha title but it wasn't in his blood to be. He was born a beta and sadly that was all he could be. I curled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him. He kissed the top of my head and I heard him whisper goodnight to me. I felt my eyes close and my body calm. I knew soon things would hopefully get better. I fell into sleep with the thought of a happy ending in my head.