34. Joe: Beautiful Accident (pt. 2)

requested by @falloutbby :)

Written by Charlotte-

"Joey." You panted into the darkness, trying to wake up your sleeping boyfriend.

"hmmm?" He mumbled rolling over to face you.

"I-I think the baby's coming."

Suddenly Joe was up and dressed, helping you downstairs.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

"I should be asking you that."

"Well yeah I'm alright at the moment. I just mean, one minute you were half asleep and the next you were rushing around the room putting a shirt on."

"You said the baby was coming. So you need to get to the hospital."

"Thank you." You smiled. Just then you felt another contraction.

"It's alright babe, just breath we'll be there soon." Joe spoke soothingly and calmly, rubbing your knee while driving.

Soon enough you arrived at the hospital. Joe quickly jumped out and helped you get out too.

With one hand around your shoulder and the other on your forearm he lead you carefully into the hospital.

When you got to the reception desk he told the man your name and what was going on.

Quickly a nurse came and took you into the room where you would have your baby. (I don't really know how delivery rooms work so just roll with me here 😅)

An hour passed and nothing very exciting happened. You were having fairly mind contractions every 5 minutes or so. Indicating that the baby wasn't coming just yet.

Another 2 hours passed at the contractions became slightly most intense but nothing too bad. However Joe was very supportive and help my hand the whole time, telling me to breath and focus on him whenever I was in pain.

Joe's POV

It was 6am. The sun was rising and I was about to become a father. We'd been in the hospital for about 3 and a half hours.

I tried to be as supportive as possible but inside I was freaking out. I knew I'd had 9 months to think about these things but I tried not to. But suddenly I was asking myself all hear questions.

"Am I ready to be a father?"

"What if something goes wrong?"

"What if I lose (Y/N)?"

I was pulled away from myself but (Y/N) having another contraction.

"It's okay babe, just breath. Keep your eyes on me. You'd got this."

"That was the worst one. They're getting worse." (Y/N) told me.

"It's okay. That just means the baby's coming and all this will be over. Until next time." I smirked wiggling my eyebrows.

"Shut up." (Y/N) chuckled hitting me lightly.

Over the next hour (Y/N)'s contractions increased in pain but decreased in the time between them.

Once her contractions we about a minute apart I called a nurse.

The baby was ready.

The nurse came very quickly and checked how dilated she was.

They'd been popping in every now and then to check, each time saying she'd gotten more dilated but telling us it wasn't time just yet.

However this time the nurse told us that (Y/N) was fully dilated. Meaning it was go time.

"Graaaaaaaaah!" (Y/N) screamed when the nurse told her to push.

"Well done baby, you're doing so good. It's not long to go. Soon you'll be holding our little child and all of the pain will gone." I assured her.

I kept hold of her hand the whole time, never letting go.

She kept an extremely firm hold, squeezing it every time she pushed.

Sweat dripped down (Y/N)'s forehead. She looked exhausted.

"I love you so much! You're doing amazing oh my goodness you're doing so well."

(Y/N) just kept panting, looking over at me and giving me a small smile.

"I know it's exhausting but you can do this. Just a few more pushes and our baby will be here."

"I can see the head!" The nurse cried.

"Hear that babe. It's almost over. You've almost done it."

I looked down and what I saw almost made me faint. There was a tiny head covered in purple goo.

"That baby is way too big to have come outta you." I stated shocked.

"Maybe that's why it's hurting birdbrain." (Y/N) snapped through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah sorry." I replied sheepishly.

"No I'm sorrrryyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaarh." (Y/N) apologied as she pushed again.

For the last time.

With that final push cries filled the room.

"It's a boy." The nurse cheered.

"He's...gooey but beautiful." I smiled in complete awe of this tiny human.

"Can I hold him?"  (Y/N) asked tiredly.

The nurse carefully wrapped him in a towel and passed him to his mother.

"What's his name?" The nurse asked.

(Y/N) and I looked at each other and said simultaneously,

"Cooper."

an- i hope you enjoyed that! Ik I could have said they were a girl and they could have been Ruby but this is an au anything can happen 😂 Anyway, I have no experience with birth so this could be completely inaccurate who knows!!

also this is the 4th update in 3 days!!! It's mostly cause I feel bad I haven't updated in so long so I'm making up for it 😅

byeeee xx