30. A Little Less Sixteenth Birthday

Written by Charlotte-

You were turning 16 and your older brother Pete was far too excited.

"I can't believe you're nearly 16." He'd say.

And you'd always tell him, "it's not that big of a deal."

But still he'd argue and tell you, "I remember being your age." Even though he turned 16 literally 3 years ago.

Either way he told you he was going to plan the best birthday party EVER.

You just had to wait patiently.

---2 weeks later---

Finally, you were turning 16.

"GET UP GET UP GET UP!" Pete shouted at you at 8am to wake you up. He was like a child on Christmas.

"Go away, I'm 16 now I can do what I like." You grumbled, voice thick with sleep.

"You're not until you've blown out the candles on your cake." He retorted.

Pete was an avid gamer. He absolutely loved the Sims games. In the Sims you don't get older until you've blown out your candles, for some reason Pete had got the idea that it worked he same in real life.

"Ugh." You mumbled trying to bat him away.

"Come oooooon get up!" He wined, "I've got the whole day planned."

After a moment of silence you obliged to his wish and got out of bed.

You quickly got showered and put on a nice, casual (F/C) dress.

All you knew about the day was that you had to be dressed smart casual.

Once you'd got dressed you straightened your hair and walked downstairs. Finding your black converse on you way down and slipping them on.

"Ah, you're ready." Pete beamed when he saw you come downstairs, "it's like 9 so we still have about 3 hours before we need to leave. What do you want to do?"

"WE STILL HAVE 3 HOURS?" You cried. You were a little angry but it was mainly a joke.

"Sorry." Pete hung his head in shame, "I got over excited."

"It's fine." You laughed, "I was joking."

His mood instantly picked up when you reassured him.

That's when he handed you a lovely bass guitar that he was determined to teach you how to play.

You hugged him as a thank you and began to mess around with the sleek guitar.

"Can we just watch a movie?" You asked after you'd fiddled with the guitar for a while.

"Of course. You're the birthday girl." He smiled, "do you want any breakfast?"

You nodded, "Please may I have some toast my dear brother." You said extremely formally, attempting a British accent.

"Of course." He replied before bursting into fits of laughter.

Finally he calmed down and managed to not burn your toast.

"Jam?" He asked.

"Please." You smiled in response.

You began to scroll through Netflix, trying to find something to watch.

"Nightmare Before Christmas?" You suggested.

Instantly Pete came running into the room. Toast in one hand, popcorn in the other and he jumped over the back of the sofa and landed sitting down next to you.