five: unhappy

The  moment Harley got out of her shower, she knew.

Mr J was unhappy today.

But not in a depressed, upset sort of way. Harley knew that the one emotion her Puddin' never displayed,

was sadness.

In fact, Joker's unhappiness was of a much more extreme and viscous kind. His unhappiness consisted of dark anger and bottles upon bottles of whatever he could find,
taking his fists to whomever he could find.

Harley had some how allowed herself to forget about these days. The spaces in between her fantasies filled with bleak blackness and pain.

Lots of pain.

-------------------------------------------------------

JOKER'S POV:

I rip off the bottle cap, tossing the red liquid inside down my throat; swallowing its contents at once, without hesitation.

Another useless day in which I'd accomplished absolutely nothing.

You'd think the Batman would have come running by now, demanding what the fuck was taking me so long to create the chaos Gotham needed.

I've sat in this chair pondering on the absurd notions of Gotham's imbecilic society for three days, in total.

Three days.

In one day, I could have killed someone.

In three days, I could have killed an entire community of these wankers.

"Harley." I demand, my voice bitter and impatient.

"I'm just gettin' dressed Puddin." She calls back, her voice unusually soft and careful.

Harley wasn't a complete idiot. She knew when I was having a bad day.

A moment later, she arrives through the door with a bottle of some sort of alcoholic substance. I do not bother asking what it is, because at this point I couldn't care less.

I snatch it off her; turning away in dismissal.

"You seem a little odd, Mr J." Harley begins quietly, breaking the silence.

I ignore her useless comment, as I down the bottle in one.

"Want me to make it better?" She whispers, smiling widely as she sits on the chairs arm.

This sparks an idea; and I can't help but return her widened grin.

"Actually yes." I say, propping her up onto lap as if she were my pet dog. "You could make yourself useful, and stand over there." I whisper, pointing towards the corner of the room. She smirks at me, and bounces of my lap; skipping playfully towards the corner of the room.

I give her a wink.

And then I throw the bottle towards her.

-----------------------------------------------------

HARLEYS POV: