four: do you love me mr j

Harley was asleep on the Joker's bed, which of course; was absolutely no use to him whatsoever.

But how could he wake her? He simply couldn't help but awe in the extent of her fragility.
She'd never looked more vulnerable to him as she did now: asleep in his purple shirt.

She was the type of fragile the Joker thought was almost impossible not to want to break and destroy.
In fact, Joker's favourite thing about Harley is that she is quite clearly already broken, due to him of course. This meant the joker never second guessed any of his actions towards her.
After all, she was insane.
Completely out of her mind, and completely dissociated from her old persona.
And this, the joker found, was simply irresistible.

Besides, the Joker could not break something if it had already been broken once before.

"Harley." He whispers simply, as if her name on his tongue was merely enough for his satisfaction.

"Harley Quinn."

The love between the two was complicated, of course.

Did the joker love Harley Quinn?

Maybe.

Did Harley Quinn love the joker?

Irrationally.

------------------------------------------------

JOKERS POV;

I kneel down beside her as she rolls over onto her back, a mess within the piles of her blue and pink hair. She stares up at me, warily.
No, she stares up at me with confusion.

"You slept." I tell her, stroking a strand of blue away from her cheek so I could stare at her fully. "I finished up." I begin, playing with her lip with my finger. "Next time I won't kill so many of them." I snarl, my mind briefly flashing back to the hour I had taken shuffling out all of the bodies, into Gotham's streets.

Harley yawns lightly, clearly not taking any of this in. I think about swiping her across the cheek, but I silence those thoughts immediately. I needed to get back on her good side again. Then - through her obvious infatuation for me - she will go back to being my useless however useful, sidekick.

"Mr J?" Harley begins, her voice vague and timid.

I put on my best smile. The one that makes her go crazy for me.

Or, crazier, for me.

"Yes."

"I am still very tired. Come sleep with me." She purrs, grinning at me mischievously.

"Oh." I laugh, in which she mirrors as she rolls onto her side; beckoning me.

"Daddy is busy." I lie, leaning in to her. I keep my face away from hers by an inch; for her torment and my enjoyment.

"Too busy for me?" She sniffles, pushing out her front lip.

Fuck. She just wouldn't stop.

"Remember what we talked about," I begin, sitting on the bed beside her; keeping my feet firmly on the ground.

I place my hand on her waist, trailing my palms up, around her curves, to rest on her cheek.

"You do not call the shots." I smile, moving my hand over to her neck. I squeeze it tightly, leaning in to her as her blood shot eyes pour widely into mine. 

"You only do them."

She gasps for air.

"Puddin, you're hurtin' me." She whimpers, forcing a smile.

I laugh at her, squeezing tighter and tighter and tighter,

marvelling as the blood drains from her lips, turning them into a

cold

stale

blue.

I release.

She coughs violently, hunching over and grabbing her stomach.

The joker felt too pleased with himself. Seeing her cough violently for air seemed to imperfectly piece together with his sadistic heart. He was a puzzle she simply would never finish.

So he'd finish her first.

Or, at least, he'd make her believe that; just so he could see the look of fear in her eyes as she came closer,
and
closer
to death.

After all, fear was the Joker's favourite emotion. He thrived off it.

And he thrived off her.

"You make me crazy." The joker sighs, pulling Harley onto his lap. It wasn't that Joker was particularly strong. It was that Arkham had made his harlequin weak and frail. But much more damaged; therefore much more fun.

"I would kill anything for you." He purrs, planting kisses against her neck. He feels a tear against his cheek,
but it isn't his.

"Do you love me Mr J?" Harley sniffs, her voice shaking violently.

The joker laughs at her question, and it's absurdity.

"Of course not." He whispers, grazing his teeth against her skin as he spoke.

But they both knew he was lying.

-------------------------

Okay writing for these two is harder than I thought. I do apologise if my POV of the Joker isn't convincing; he's too insane to write truthfully about.

I will upload two more chapters tomorrow, if this chapter gets enough votes!
/
Please make sure to additionally add any feedback/comments, as I would love to hear it !

(Also if this chapter has any mistakes, I do apologise but I'm wayy too lazy to go over them.)