Chapter 10

Parker

I cleaned Juliana's face and put a bandage on. Her face was stained with tears. I wiped that away.

"She never said this to me." said my dad

"She seemed thrilled that you guys were getting married." said my grandpa

"I know. She was excited about the dress but she put a note in a box of condoms. Juliana insisted we burn it." I said.

"What did the note say?" asked my dad.

"I don't remember." I said.

"I don't want to hear that you got her pregnant. I don't fucking like her anyway. I thought she would be prettier. I didn't agree to have you marry a white trash whore. Don't let Juliana see this." Juliana said.

"Shit. You remembered word for word. It must of hurt you." said my dad.

Juliana nodded and grabbed her crutches. She went upstairs.

"Can you guy go check on mom?" I said

They nodded and I went upstairs. I went to Juliana's room and she wasn't in there. I went to my room and found her lying next to Dozer.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No."

I took off my boots and climbed onto to my bed. She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my flannel. I rubbed her back.

"I think I should leave." said Juliana.

"I'll help you to your room."

"No, that's not what I mean."

"You're leaving me?"

I felt hurt actually. I fell for her and wants to go away.

"I have to Parker. I love you but I can't take it anymore." whispered Juliana.

"My mom has no say who my heart belongs to."

"But it certainly doesn't belong with me."

I sat up and pulled her with me. I held her face in my hands.

"I'm positive that my heart belongs with you. I've never felt this way. No girl has ever made me feel this way. I love you, Juliana. More than you know. I wanted to kill Tony because he hurt you. I'm glad the camera crew came or he would have been dead. Please, stay. I love you too much to lose you." I said, staring into her eyes.

Tears spilled over onto her cheeks. I smiled and sniffed as a line of tears fell from my left eye then my right. I placed a soft kiss on her lips. I continued to kiss her softly. I could feel her wet cheeks against mine. I felt more than the last time we kissed. I pulled her onto my lap and deepened the kiss. Her fingers were tangled in my messy brown hair. My hands were now on the small of her back. I pulled away and rested my head on her chest. She continued to play with my hair.

"I can't leave." Juliana finally whispered. "I love you too much, too."

I smiled and kissed her cheek. She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"How about we go to Kyle's for some drinks?" I asked.

She nodded and I helped her up. We went downstairs.

"Your mom is fine. She just found a bottle of wine." said my grandpa.

I just nodded and I pulled on my jacket.

"Where are you going?" asked my dad.

"Kyle's. Help yourself to anything in the kitchen and to the t.v." I said.

***

I knocked on Kyle's door but no answer. I could hear Juliana's teeth chattering. I went to the garage. His car was here. I knocked on the door to the kitchen in the garage. It opened.

"Parker?" asked Juliana

"Go to the truck."

"Parker!"

"Just go! Take my keys. If anything happens you leave and go to my house. Don't stop until you get there. Okay?"

She nodded and I handed her my keys. She went to the truck. She got in and locked the door.

"Kyle?" I asked as I stepped into the freezing house.

I closed the door and I saw my breath. The heater wasn't even on. I walked to the living room and it was ransacked. I saw bloody hand prints on the wall. A lamp was shattered near them. I saw a note. Parker. I gulped. I unfolded it.

You think me breaking your girl's knee was the end but it's not. I have Kyle. I won't tell you where unless you give me my half. Or I'll kill Kyle. Yeah, I'm not fucking playing. Call me and I'll give you directions. But for the time being take that key and go to your mom's house.

T

I saw a number as I looked at the desk where I found the note and grabbed the note and the familiar key. It was mine from when I used to live with my mom. I ran out the house and jumped into the truck.

"Parker, what's wrong?" asked Juliana as I sped off.

"Tony! He has Kyle and I think he has my mom!"

She was afraid. I could see it. I want to take her home but I have to see if my mom's okay. I slammed on the breaks and put my truck in park.

"Lock it." I ordered.

Juliana nodded and I ran towards the house. I saw that the door was ajar.

"FUCK!!" I screamed as I kicked the door open.

I ran inside and looked around and saw nothing.

"MOM! I shouted

I saw a smashed wine bottle and wet footprints on the floor. I punched the wall and screamed. I saw a note and grabbed it.

You have to admit this is fun. Chasing me around and not watching your girl in your truck. I could easily snatch her up. I'm just going to wait until your inside.

T

I heard glass shatter and I ran. I tripped over a chair and I heard Juliana's screams. I stood up and ran outside. I saw Tony taking her out of the truck.

"NO! DON'T! LEAVE HER ALONE!" I screamed.

He pulled out a gun and I slipped on the ice trying to stop. He shot me in my shoulder. I screamed and Juliana was reaching for me.

"PARKER!!" She screamed.

I tried getting up but my arm was hurting and I fell back down. He opened the truck and I saw my mom and Kyle. They were screaming. It was muffled as I ran towards them. Tony lifted his gun and I stopped in my tracks. He shot my arm again. I screamed and fell to my knees. He sped off and I got into my truck and drove home.

"Parker! You're bleeding! Let's get you to a hospital!" shouted my grandpa.

"He took them! Mom, Kyle, and Juliana!" I shouted

"Who?" shouted my dad

"Tony!" I shouted. "Take me to the hospital. I'm losing a lot of blood."