Chapter 4

Parker

"Parker?" asked Juliana.

"Yeah?"

I looked up. She grabbed my face and kissed me. I smiled against her lips. I never thought I would like this girl but I do! I pushed her against the wall.

"Parker!" said Juliana as she shoved me off.

I ran my fingers through my hair and went upstairs. What is she doing? First she wants me to kiss then she pushes me away? I don't understand her.

"I can't do this, mom!" I heard Juliana say.

"Do what?" said Juliana's mom.

I guessing she's on Skype. I huffed and threw myself on my bed.

"This with Parker! Is it just for the fucking gold?" Juliana said.

"Yes, it's for the fucking gold! Now if you don't mind I got to get some sleep!" said Juliana's mom.

I heard Juliana scream. I walked into her room. She was crying on her bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I sat on her bed.

"No..."

"My mom is the same way."

"I don't want to get married..."

"At least not yet. I'm twenty two and want to wait."

"I'm nineteen! How do you think I feel?"

"True."

"My mom called your grandma about this."

"Look, Parker. I love you already. That's why I kissed you but you pushed me against the wall."

"I just couldn't help myself."

Juliana smiled and looked at me. I wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead. She hugged me and hid her face in my shirt.

"Sleep well." I smiled.

"Can you sleep with me?"

"Okay."

She nodded and I took off my shoes. I pulled off my shirt. She got into her pajamas and turned off the light. I got under the blanket and I pulled her close to me. She exhaled and rested her head on my chest. She went to sleep.

Juliana

My eyes fluttered open and saw Parker in front of me. He was cuddling me. I loved the smell of his cologne.

"Parker?" I whispered.

"Hmm..."

"Don't you remember that you have to work?"

"Oh, fuck!"

He stood up quickly and slipped on my clothes. He fell and hit the wall. He groaned.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...just clean your room, please. Don't act like a trashy teenager. I know you can act clean. Please do it."

"Okay."

"I didn't mean to be harsh."

"It's fine."

"I gotta go."

I nodded and and he smiled then walked out. I sat there...feeling cold. Parker come back... I huffed and covered myself up and kept hearing Parker get ready for work.

"Parker?" I said

No answer. I pushed the covers off my legs and opened my room door. I heard the front door open.

"Parker?" I asked

The front door closed. I looked out the window. Parker was about to get into his truck and he saw me. He smiled and waved. I waved to him. He was still smiling and he started his truck. He drove off.

Parker

For some time I couldn't stop smiling. I made it to the site and got out of my truck. Kyle approached me.

"Why are you smiling?" smiled Kyle.

"Shut up."

"Just admit it...you like her."

"Well..."

"Do you love her?"

I kicked a pebble and looked up at Kyle.
He started laughing.

Kyle gasped. "You're totally in love with her."

"Shut up!"

"Oh! Guess who's here!"

I looked up as Kyle whistled. I saw my dog, Dozer. I gasped and ran to him. He jumped up and licked my face. I laughed. Dozer's been at the vet. He was injured badly due to getting near a bulldozer.

"Dozer! How's my big boy?" I smiled.

He barked and licked my face. I laughed.

"Take him home. He needs to rest." said Kyle.

"I got to stay here."

"You've been working too hard already. We've basically been watching this gold pile up. We're stepping up our game. You proved to Tony Beets, me, your crew, and most importantly the world...you showed them you are the young master! You decided where to strip the land. You and that girl are meant to be. I think it's pretty shitty that they're forcing you guys to get married. That can wait. You work on her."

"Thank you, Kyle."

"You're welcome."

I hugged him and he smiled. My crew got back to work. I drove back home. Dozer was sitting right next to me. I parked my truck. Dozer followed me and I opened the door.

"Juliana!" I called.

She must be sleeping. I took off my boots and tip toed upstairs. Dozer followed me. I opened Juliana's door. She was sleeping, holding the pillow and the blanket was pulled up to her nose. Dozer walked up to her and started licking her face. Her eyes opened. She giggled.

"Hi. Who are you pretty boy?" smiled Juliana.

"I'm Parker. Thanks for asking."

"Not you! Him!"

"That's Dozer."

"Oh, yeah! Where was he?" Juliana was scratching behind his ear.

"At the vet."

"Why?"

"He had a terrible accident over two months ago. He almost died."

"What happened?"

"He got partially got run over by a bulldozer." I looked at her.

"Oh, my god! Poor baby."

"I'm just glad he's alive, well, home, and happy."

I smiled as Dozer cuddled up with Juliana. He licked her face and she giggled. Just do it, Parker...stop being a pussy. I leaned in kissed her cheek. What the fuck is wrong with me? She kissed me! Why can't I sack up and kiss her?

"Parker? Are you okay?" asked Juliana.

"Yeah..."

I went in to kiss her again and Dozer licked me. I laughed and Juliana giggled. I wiped my face and kissed her softly. I felt her smile against my lips. I am in love with this girl. I could I not be. She's beautiful and has an amazing personality. I hugged her and she hugged me. Are we going to get married in four months? I want to wait...but my mom is picking Juliana up to pick out a wedding dress. We can't fight what's been planned...