Chapter 8

Parker

I watched Juliana sleep on my bed as I got some work done at my desk. The doctor said her knee was going to heal just fine. Dozer was sleeping soundly next to her. It's only been a week since Tony broke her knee. I grabbed my phone and called Kyle.

"Hey, Parker." said Kyle

"Hey...did they say anything?"

"Naw. He's just a little pissed that you shoved him."

"But he deserved it...whoever he was."

"I don't blame you, Parker. They were all up in that situation and wasn't supposed to be. At least they didn't edit it and made you the bad guys."

"Good. See you soon Kyle."

"I'll bring Juliana something later when she wakes up."

"Okay."

"Later."

"Bye."

I hung up and pushed the restraining order to the side. Juliana started to move. Dozer licked her face. She yawned.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I knelt down in front of her.

"Medicated."

I laughed and she giggled. Dozer walked out the room.

"Lay with me." said Juliana as she tapped the area next to her.

I took off my boots and climbed over her. I put the blanket on me. She cuddled close to my chest. She began tracing the buttons on my flannel.

"Do you want to stay here?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Yeah, I'm not going back to my mom or grandma but your mom hates me."

"My mom will get over it. I yelled at her the other day about the note. My dad and my grandpa were pissed. They like you."

"I should meet them."

"You should."

"Parker?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think it's possible for us to fall for each other?" I asked.

"I mean...yeah. I've never felt this way before. I still don't want to get married too early though. You're still young."

"Would you believe me if I said you were pretty attractive when I watched you on tv?"

"Yeah. I only saw a picture of you and I thought you were beautiful. My dad and grandpa think so too."

"Thanks, Parker."

I grabbed her hand and our fingers laced together. I smiled at her French tips. She's classy. Her hands were so soft. I kissed her wrist. She giggled. I smiled at her and she looked at me.

"How do we call off the wedding?" asked Juliana.

"My mom won't allow it."

"Neither will mine. She just wants gold."

"Is it just for the gold?" Parker asked.

"For her it is."

She looked down and I lifted her face up.

"But what about you?" I asked.

"I think I love you, Parker."

My heart sped up and i smiled. I placed her hand on my heart.

"You're the only one who's done this to me." I whispered as I propped myself on my elbow to look at her.

She gulped and licked her lips. Her fingers tangled into my hair and she pulled me to her. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization. I pulled away.

"Kyle is coming soon. Don't want him to interrupt us. So, let's not go full on." I say.

"He's going to catch on sooner or later."

"I'd rather it be later. He likes to talk to my mom."

"Does he like your mom?"

"Too much I think."

She giggled and my phone started ringing. I grabbed it.

"Speak of the devil." I laughed and answer it. "Yeah?"

"Tony skipped town."

"Wait, what?"

"He left early this morning."

"But why? It's been a week since the whole incident."

"I know. He didn't check in with his wife either. She's worried!"

"This isn't like him. I hope he's not planning anything."

"Me, neither. I'll be there in a minute."

"All right."

He hung up and I turned to Juliana.

"Kyle's coming. Tony left town early this morning without telling anyone not even his wife." I said.

"Wow. Why now?"

"I don't know."

The doorbell rings and I kiss Juliana's head. She grabbed her crutches and followed slowly. I open the door and Kyle walks and my crew followed. They have tons of gifts. I closed the door and Juliana made it downstairs.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"It's for Juliana. She's been put through hell since she came here. First, your parents' agree to have you married. Second, your mom hates her and thirdly, Tony broke her knee." said Kyle.

"Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate it." smiled Juliana.

"No problem. Where's your room? We need to put this stuff down." said Kyle.

"Just put it on the dining room table." I said.

They nod and they put the random gifts in the table. They give Juliana a hug and give me a handshake. They filed out.

"Hope you feel better." said Kyle.

"Thank you." said Juliana.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Bright eyed and bushy tailed." said Kyle as he shook my hand.

"Later, Kyle." I said

He saluted me and walked out. I turned to Juliana.

"Do you need help?" I asked

"Please! This cast is heavy!" said Juliana.

I laughed and picked her up bridal style and carry her upstairs.

"Wait! What about the gifts?" Juliana whined

"Oh, right!" I laughed, turning around

I put her at the dining room table. There were so many cards, stuffed animals, boxes, and gift bags.

"Where do we start?" I asked

"The cards first!"

I nod and grab thirty five cards. They had money inside. She had nine hundred and seventy eight dollars from all thirty five. The boxes contained clothes for this weather. She didn't have much. The bags contained several things. She gasped over most of the items.

"That was a lot!" said Juliana.

I put my finger up and ran upstairs. I find the box I was looking for and rush downstairs. I handed her the box.

"Parker!" Juliana said

"Just open it."

She nodded and pulled the bow off. She lifted the top n she gasped. I smiled. I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh, my god, Parker! This must've cost a fortune!" Juliana gasped as she takes out a necklace.

"Nope."

"What?"

"I made it. My grandpa showed me how."

"I love it. Thank you."

"Thank you and you're welcome."

I take the necklace from her and put it on her. The charm was a full moon because my love for her is always full never empty.