11. Train

Chapter 11

"Hey Soul Sister, Drops of Jupiter, Drive by, 50 Ways to Say Goodbye, Meet Virginia, Bruises. These are all songs by the same band, Train." Maria thought as she looked through the mp3 player playlist FAVORITES "seems like you were fond of them Jess."

"Wait, there's another song, I don't know that one, but the title seems familiar though 'Locker Out Of Heaven.'." She clicked play

'Cause you make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven.....'

"Oh, I know that song, it's Bruno Mars. Jessica must have accidentally misnamed it with an R instead of a D. But what about all of these Train songs? Maybe they're related to the train we took from Veronaville to Sunset? Maybe I should go check out the train station, oh my God, THE TRAIN STATION! Sure there's something over there that would lead me to the truth; I need to go now, fast, before Detective James gets home and grounds me like my parents never did, this over protection is getting on my nerves, but he's kind though, letting me stay at his place."
______________________________________________________

Maria left the building and took a cab to the station "thank you God, I feel so smart right now."

As soon as she reached the station, she started walking around searching everywhere like a crazy person till she lost hope and sat down on a bench thinking 'What the hell I'm doing here? What am I even searching for? I have nothing on my mind, I couldn't find anything and I won't find anything cause I don't know what to look for.'

"Nate where are you going?" She heard a woman's voice shouting

"To the lockers Mum, I need to get my things." A teenage boy said from behind her.

Maria turned to him "where are you going?" She said with widely open sparkly eyes creeping out the guy.

"To the lockers?"

"Yeah, I heard, I didn't mean it as an actual question though."

"Okay, whatever, can I leave now?"

"No wait, can you take me there with you?"

"It that a new way of flirting or asking me out? Cause I'm pretty sure you're like at least 5 years older than me."

"I am not..... Asking you out or flirting, I actually have a boyfriend who has finished high school and is actually a lawyer, he's very handsome too, but we're sort of in a fight now. Anyways, don't get me distracted, I need to go to the lockers!"

"If that will make you shut up, yeah sure."

They walked to the stairs and went to down to the -2 floor; the lockers hall was right in front the rails where the underground passes, so it was very loud and noisy down there.

'I finally feel so close to the truth, it mustn't be a coincidence LOCKER out of heaven inside the TRAIN playlist, she purposely did it, maybe that notebook was meant for someone specifically to lead them to the truth, because Jessica knew she was in danger!' Maria said to herself

"Here we are, the lockers room." The boy said "but I think most of these lockers are already rented though."

"No problem and thanks." She smiled at him

The platform on the right side of the railways had two sets of lockers, each set containing fifty lockers, overall hundred lockers numbered from #1 to #100.

'What now Jessica' Thought Maria

Maria decided to go home again and try to find more clues regarding the lockers she turned around and walked back to the entrance of the station, but she noticed detective Ethan at the tickets kiosk which only made her suspect Liam even more.
______________________________________________________