Chapter 4- What Have I Done?

Chapter 4

What Have I Done?

Emily's P.O.V

I am currently sitting in Alpha Barne's office. Freshly showered in my sister's clothes, a nice pair of leggings and a floral shirt with converse. She had good taste I had to admit. I was currently sipping on a cup of herbal tea to try and calm my nerves, for they were pretty shot right now.

Being here was so surreal, in this situation, in this new pack land. How is this happening to me?

Alpha Barnes' large, dark themed, office was large enough to fit all his high ranking wolves for meetings and crisis management, but right now it seemed even larger. Mostly because there were only four people in here, Alpha Barnes, Sandy, Hix, and myself.

It was intimidating to say the least.

"So, Emily, please give us some insight into what happened today." My sister started to say as she put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me, knowing that what I was about to tell them was hard to comprehend. I look into her green eyes and see my Mother, god she looked so much like Mom. With her long straight dirty blonde hair and perfect button nose. She was a spitting image. After Mom and Dad died I would just want to be around Sandy as much as possible, she was so like her. I take after my father, with his blue eyes and blonde hair. I also happen to have inherited his physical abilities, being fast and all.

I stop and remind myself what I am really here for, and what I needed to figure out. So I start at the beginning, I tell them about the interaction I had both between Alpha Ronan and Alpha Keenan.

How I felt calm with Alpha Keenan, but on fire with Alpha Ronan, how with both men I felt something unique and amazing. How my wolf wanted to run from Alpha Ronan but comfort Alpha Keenan.

How does that work, how is that possible?

Non-the-less I continue. I tell them about the altercation, what both Alpha's said, and how I ran away from my problems, like a coward.

"How can the even be possible?" I say finishing telling them every detail I can think of from the altercation at brunch.

"What will become of Aunt Linda and Uncle Scott?" I say starting to panic thinking about how I left them alone. How they had to clean up the mess I made.

"Trust me they can take care of themselves Emily, you know that. And this has to have an explanation. I know it does! Lets do some research, perhaps we will find something?" My sister Sandy says hugging me. She looks back at her mate, Alpha Barnes.

"Sweetheart, do you have any idea?" She says looking at him with all the hope in the world.

I wonder what its like to have someone you know you can rely on for the rest of your life?

"Yes, this has an explanation, I know it does. I believe I have heard something similar, I know I have." Alpha Barnes was saying as he turned to go look through his large bookcase lining the wall right behind his large dark wooden desk, which was covered in stacks of correspondence papers and letters to and from other packs, along with a large white Mac computer sitting in the middle. It was safe to say being an Alpha was no joke. He grabbed a large leather bound book that looked like it had seen better days. He continued to thump it on his desk and flip through it, looking for something specific, but what could he be looking for?

"I remember studying in preparation for the position of Alpha I studied Alpha Logan's history, he was the Grandfather to Alpha Kennan. He lost his mate in the 1955 Territory War, when he was 30. He was devastated, he almost had had to step down from the position because of the loss. I can't even imagine." He stopped to look at Sandy and the look in his eyes said it all. The love, the passion they held for her. It was breathtaking. He smiled and then looked back at me as he continued.

"He lost her, and someway, somehow, he found a second chance mate. Luna Beth. She came out of virtually nowhere, about a year after his Luna died. It was unheard of before then, well at least not documented. Anyway, he introduced her and everyone was hesitant at first but soon after saw the love they once saw between his deceased mate and him with his new one." He continued to scan through pages till he stopped and turned the book towards us.

"See, right there. The book of Alphas and Pack History."

I lean up next to Sandy as I read exactly what he just said to us, but this time it felt more real, more permanent. The Book of Alphas didn't lie.

I sat back as I took in the information as it came hurling at me. What could this mean, how does this work. It makes sense now, but it also doesn't. How would this work, why would the Moon Goddess do this? Did she do it on purpose?

I sit deep in thought and hardly hear Sandy and Alpha Barnes speaking about all the possibilities. Hix is sitting next to me, in the same trance I seem to be in. Trying to connect the dots and figure out what the hell was going on.

I look over to Hix, his hard features in a scowl. Obviously trying to decipher every possible outcome. He got to see both of them in action at the border; he knows what they were like. What they want, how they were acting.

"They both want her, bad. But both were respectful enough in front of her not to completely fight. It seems they were waiting for her to choose. Like she would know what one was the right one?"Hix said putting his thoughts out for everyone to try and comprehend.

"Yes. They did, like I knew and they both assumed they were right. I don't think they understand. I don't know if they have found out yet, that this could be happening." I add sitting up. He is right; they both have the same connection, both expecting me to choose them because that's how they feel. Their bond is blinding their ability to reason and understand the circumstances. Although, I am not quite sure we understand yet either.

"Alpha, we have a guest." Some pack member interrupts as he walks through the office door. He has a long blonde man bun on top of hid head, and a long scar running down the side of his face. He resembled Alpha Barnes. Maybe they were related?

"Thank you Cole, you may continue training now." Alpha Barnes said, quickly dismissing him. Obviously wanting the news of what could be something bad to sat within a select group for now.

"Aunt Linda?" I hear Sandy start to say as she stands up to reach for the woman coming through the office door.

"Oh Sandy, it's amazing to see you!" My Aunt says hugging Sandy as she reaches her halfway across the office.

"How did you manage to get here?" Sandy says as the embrace each other.

"Well a lot happened after Emily left, of course both Alpha Ronan and Alpha Keenan took a few minutes to realize in there heated argument before running after you, thank god you're fast Emily because they were sure determined to get to you." My Aunt said as she let go of Sandy and started heading my way. I stood up from the couch and hugged her as tight as I could.

"What happened with Uncle Scott and Alpha Vince? What happened to the treaty? The brunch? Did the Alphas return after I beat them to the territory line?" I spit out all of these questions at here hoping to get some clarity of the events that happened after I left the meeting.

"Honey, slow down. A lot happened, and we have a lot to talk about." My Aunt says as she moves to sit down next to me. Her arm still wrapped around my shoulder for comfort, to be honest I need all the comfort I can get.

"Both Alpha Keenan and Alpha Ronan ran after you, and once they left everyone started to disperse. It was obvious there is a new problem to be dealt with and the pack leaders retreated home, probably on the orders of their betas. Alpha Vince apologized for the disruption and dismissed the pack to emergency mode. Everyone left to prepaid for the damages that will sure be coming from the war that's about to start. Now honey, I am telling you this because I love you and you have every right to know exactly what is happening here." My Aunt says as she looks into my blue eyes, which are on the verge of tears. All this information at once, a war? How could I do this to my pack? But one question came to my mind first.

"What exactly is going to happen" I ask my Aunt as she try's to hold me steady.

"A war greater then ever before."