Chapter One Meeting Alpha Keenan.

Chapter One

Meeting Alpha Keenan

Emily's P.O.V

Getting ready for a joint pack brunch is not on the top of my favorite things to do list, but non-the-less I must look presentable to meet the Alpha of the White Lake Pack, the strongest and most feared pack in the nation. My Aunt and Uncle being my legal guardians since the untimely death of my parents threw me into a world of hurt and darkness, now attending events like these just seemed like placeholders for the life I was missing.

My Uncle Scott is the Beta of The Golden Peak Pack, currently the 3rd highest rank pack in the nation.

"Emily you better be up and getting ready!" I hear my Aunt Linda call in the hallway.I am still currently laying in bed on my MacBook avoiding getting ready.

"I am awake!" I groaned in response, slowly trying to get out of bed at this ungodly hour.

"Being up out of bed, and being awake are two different things, my dear. We leave in an hour and a half for brunch, you better be ready!" I hear her say as she walks down the steps, knowing her she's probably already in her dress and heels, makeup on and hair up.

I finally pull myself out of bed and make my way to the bathroom brush my teeth and start getting ready, having taken a shower the night before so I can sleep an extra 20 minutes was the best decision I have made in a while. After brushing my teeth and brushing out my blonde wavy hair I walk to my closet to pull out the dress that my Aunt made me purchase two weeks ago. A Lily Pulitzer white lace Tunic dress, with some name brand wedges. Name brands were a must for my Aunt, and she tries to pass down her high price fashion taste, which is kind of working now that I think about it.

I warm up my curling wand and set in my bathroom to warm up while I go make sure my makeup is all set up. I decided to curl my hair with a wide-barrel to have a larger wave sense than tight curls. After about 30 minutes spent on my hair, I start on my makeup, a light summer look for today, light colors and a nude lip.

I check my phone to see that it is 10:30, and my Aunt wants to leave at 10:45. I quickly put on my wedges and slip on my Alex and Ani bracelets and pearls in my ears, I am ready to go.

As I make my way down the stairs, I see my Uncle is pacing in his office and my Aunt is gracefully sitting on the couch watching her beloved mate with so much love and fondness, it is almost hard to comprehend. I think about what will happen if I ever find my mate, and I don't know if I want to.

"Oh good, honey, Emily is ready. Let us be on our way?" My aunt directs the question towards Uncle Scott and he grunts a yes in response as he leaves the office and makes his way to the front door. He was very nervous; our pack is attempting to make a treaty with The White Lake Pack, trying to make the top three packs in the nation one strong alliance.

"Let us go, Aunt Linda," I smile at her as I beckon toward the door.

"Yes sweetie, let us go. And you look so beautiful my dear. Maybe perhaps you will find your mate at our brunch?" She looks at me hopefully. I just shake my head and giggle as we walk outside and enter the Black Escalade that's being driven by one of the pack members. My nerves suddenly jump as a stage feeling courses through my whole body.

"Looks like The Sliver Moon Pack will be joining us today as well my dears." My uncle states as he takes Aunt Linda's Hand in his.

Oh my, the Silver Moon Pack is the second strongest in the nation, their Alpha's mate just died about a year ago due to cancer, a truly tragic story. I remember my Uncle saying that his Beta had to step up and take over about 9 months ago when he just lost it; apparently, he has been living in a cabin on his pack's property alone for some time now.

"Will Alpha Keenan be there today?" I ask assuming the answer will be no anyway.

"I highly doubt it, I mean he has been locked up in that cabin for months now." Uncle Scott says as we pull up to the restaurant, the pack renting out the whole space for the brunch. Butterflies dance in my stomach. The driver opens the door to the car and I step out, grabbing my phone and taking my Aunts arm to the front doors.

As we enter the restaurant the most divine smell of man hits me, an unexplainable combination of scents. Me being to distracted by the scent to notice my aunt dragging me to greet Alpha Vince, my Alpha.

"As always a pleasure Emily." He smirks and brings my fingers to his lips. Vince a known playboy has been trying to get into my pants for a year now, ever since his father stepped down and let him take that alpha position.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine," I smile brightly at him, masking my disgust. Now don't get me wrong he is a fantastic alpha, and hopefully about to close the deal with The White Lake Pack.

"Come on dear, let us go meet Alpha Ronan." My uncle says as he grabs a firm grasp on my Aunts' hand and leads the way. All I see at first is a dark haired man, in a white collared shirt and navy slacks, in a deep conversation with a slightly shorter blonde haired man. Alpha Ronan turns swiftly in my direction right as we were about to interrupt and he looks straight down at me. Now I am 5'6 but he continued to tower over me, I slowly looked up to meet his gaze and looked into the most beautiful blue eyes that I have ever seen. His beauty and his scent took me away; it was him the whole time. There's only one thing that is running through my mind right now as I fell my wolf jump in excitement and she keeps repeating. Mate.

"Hi." Is all I manage to squeak out? He is still staring intently into my eyes, his eyes full of mixed emotions that I can't explain. I have to get out of here.

"I'm going to go pee," I say and I turn and scurry out before I can hear any protest from my Aunt or Alpha Ronan. I was walking at a speed that's not acceptable in heels and I almost made it to the bathroom, the little pink lady sign is in my sight when I collide with a tall figure that almost knocks me off my feet before a hand grabs my arm to keep me upright. I feel tingles run up my arm as I look to see who was there.

"I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention and...." I look up to meet blue-green eyes  with one eye that had half of it golden, it made me go weak at the knees. My Wolf is confused and conflicted.

"Hello- I mean it's okay, wait no I mean.... Hi" He says confused and baffled. I giggle and just shake my Head.

"I'm Emily," I say and I notice his hand is still on my arm, sending constant sparks up my arm and causing a warm feeling to course through my body.

"I'm Alpha Keenan."